10:58:49 PM Mar 5th 2016
If you wanted to write a comic book style fan comic, how would you recommend getting an artist to draw it.
06:44:10 AM Feb 4th 2012
This was under Components On Campus and there was Cookie Cutter Fic under ???, but after the rename to Transplanted Character Fic I am not sure what should go under ???.
03:28:58 PM Jan 23rd 2011
as part of dealing with this Notable Webcomics fiasco, I've moved over the other pages content so that we get the official "add works in alphabetical order" normal index style. I'm putting the page's older content below. Until I move it all over. When the post below is empty, everything is uploaded and we are done. Feel free to help.
03:29:07 PM Jan 23rd 2011
edited by SomeSortOfTroper
edited by SomeSortOfTroper
update: now all those with pages noted in this list should be moved over. Checking over whether all of these below have pages doesn't seem interesting and trying to index something people haven't made a page for doesn't seem interesting...
- Sailor Moon CS is a reimagining of the Sailor Moon series with a more western artstyle.
- There are several for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, mainly Yon Koma strips with Running Gags:
- Hilarious Marvel superheroes fancomics — Japanese Language
- An artist named Toyble took it upon himself to make a Dragon Ball AF doujinshi based on the rumored series. —Japanese Language
- The larger-than-expected Transformers Mosaic project matches writers with artists to create one page comic 'snapshots' centered around a particular character or characters in Transformers continuity.
- Now being published in the official comics!
- Golden Sun 3: Twilight or Dawn is an unofficial webcomic continuation of the Golden Sun game series.
- Sonic the Comic Online is an online continuation of the British Sonic the Hedgehog comic, which followed a much different continuity to the games and the Archie comics. It has the honor of being recognized by the original writers and editors of Sonic the Comic and has achieved the status of being "unofficially official" among fans. Unfortunately, due to the way the comic is updated (in several "issues" consisting of many pages and other features each) and how the content is created (a main team of writers and some guest writers, but almost all artists switch in and out regularly), it does not stay up to date very often. The fandom still runs strong, though.
- Despite what the title implies, Hamlet: The Manga is not, in fact, about the Shakespearean play. It is a webcomic about characters from the anime, The Slayers, putting on a play based on it.
- Here's a Hulk webcomic that was created using a 3-D figure software.
- Surprisingly, Pokemon Twilight is based on Pokemon, but is not a sprite comic.
- Pokemon Twilight is hardly special or outstanding in that regard. Non-sprite Pokemon fancomics are becoming increasingly common, really. This site is a listing of non-sprited Pokemon fancomics.
- Also Tomoyo42's Room has Tomoyo and Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura as lesbians involved in a twisted relationship.
- TRES is yet another Mega Crossover, but strictly of the anime variety.
- Simply Potterific, a humorous fan webcomic for Harry Potter as seen here.
- Various Final Fantasy characters + High School = Final Fantasy High
- Beyblade B Side created by Amber Rei due to disappointment in the lack of a fourth Beyblade season. However, it soon went into hiatus, only to be re-done a few years later. It deals with a sort of a fantasy development of the series, involving the powers of the Bit Beasts, a twisted sense of humour, some 'Parental Advisory' talkings and a huge room for psychologies and character development.
- Gilligan's Island Doujinshi is definitely a lot darker than the original sitcom ever was.
- Hosted at the same site, Final Loonacy, a re-telling of Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children...with Warner Bros. characters.
- There's an archive for fan-made MegaTokyo comics here.
- A Dragon Ball Z example, Dragonball Z: Elsewhere.
- This is a shoujo Star Wars doujinshi. Yes. It's shoujo.
- The Kingdom Hearts Doujin, which features a fight between Mickey Mouse and Michael Eisner. Pretty hilarious, but also rather badass.
- A short, but sweet Tales of Legendia comic, Just A Chance stars Norma and her mentor Sven on a treasure hunt.
- The 10K Commotion is possibly the world's only DDR based webcomic.
- Keenfans is a webcomic about the antics of fans on El Goonish Shive's KeenSpot forums.
- Shy is (was?) a Super Mario Bros. fictional revisionist webcomic (think Wicked and The Wizard of Oz), revolving around the Shyguys.
- Breakfast of the Gods, epic breakfast cereal mascot Mega Crossover.
- Here's a somewhat dark One Piece comic where the Straw Hat Pirates are forced into a battle royale against each other.
- And here's a Nami/Robin one.
- DOUBLE K, a truly magnificent Alternate Universe re-imagining of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann that stars Kamina and Kittan as a buddy-cop duo. Notable for not only being more-or-less as gleefully ridiculous and over-the-top as the original show is, but also for captainosaka's unique art style (and some of the funniest facial expressions ever drawn).
- NaruHina Chronicles is a comic running on deviantart. As the name suggests, it's an alternative timeline to the Naruto story. The most noticeable difference being that Naruto and Hinata are a couple from early on in the series. The comic is currently 1450 pages long with 11 volumes.
- My Name Is Might Have Been, a Dark Fic that attempts to explain some of the peculiarities and Acceptable Breaks from Reality in Rock Band * by setting it in a post-apocalyptic world that revolves around The Power of Rock.
- Abe & Kroenen an action figure Hellboy fan comic about the forbidden love of Abe Sapien and Kroenen. Guillermo del Toro apparently approves of it.
- Moonstruck! by Hans Schumacher - a most likely dead Sailor Moon Another Story fan comic, lampoons Sailor Moon in general but also the story line of the Another Story RPG.
- Yep, the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers fandom has this as well: Ranger Days. This Sprite Comic is also a downright Supermassive Multiplayer Crossover.
- FRIENDS 4 EVER!!!! is a crossover fancomic featuring Silent Hill, Doom and more horror video games.
02:52:05 PM Oct 19th 2010
I recomend doing a page on Second Empire http://www.cg-lair.co.uk/daleks/secemp-index.htm, an epic CG comic with the Daleks from Doctor Who as villian protagonists.
06:57:39 AM Oct 18th 2010
I found this on the internet, I'ts a Doctor Who fancomic, with the Daleks as villian protagonists. http://www.mechmaster.co.uk/cg-lair/daleks/secemp-index.htm
07:23:50 AM Oct 18th 2010
So add it. There Is No Such Thing as Notability.
05:37:03 AM Mar 24th 2010
It would be useful if the series on which the fancomic is based were easily discernable from the descriptions, without having to know the characters from it or even hover over a link to figure it out (which is impossible when the link is a ptitle, btw). (I realized the need for this as I was reading one of the descriptions going "Wait, I recognize one of those from Ranma but is the other one also from Ranma or is that a crossover with Sailor Moon?")