edited 9th May '12 6:42:15 PM by Joesolo
- Doesn't criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Gives honest and sincere appreciation.
- Always tries to portray things in the most positive light.
- Never shows others that he or she is not interested in what they have to say.
- Shows genuine interest in other people.
- Smiles often and widely.
- Calls you by your name often, remembers everyone's names.
- Is a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves. Also, knows to keep stuff to themselves and to shut up when it's time to. Doesn't judge.
- Talks in terms of the other guys' interests.
- Makes the other guys feel important – and does it sincerely.
- Avoids arguments
- Shows respect for the other guys' opinions. Never outright says "You're Wrong.", cuz he figures he might be wrong him or herself and it's worth it to give others a listen.
- If he's wrong himself, he admits it quickly and emphatically.
- Always begins interactions in a friendly way.
- Starts with questions to which the other guy will answer yes.
- Lets the others do a great deal of the talking.
- Lets the other guy feel the idea is his or hers.
- Tries honestly to see things from the other guy's point of view.
- Is sympathetic with the other guy's ideas and desires.
- Appeals to the nobler motives of whoever he's dealing with.
- Hams it up sometimes, to make a point or just for fun.
- Likes to throw down a challenge, and to pick one up.
- Begins with praise and honest appreciation.
- Calls attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
- Talks about their own mistakes before criticizing the other guy.
- Asks questions instead of giving direct orders. (I don't see that one going down well unless it's the President talking to Generals or something. I've read some letters Abraham Lincoln wrote to some very incompetent generals, it has to be seen to be believed how incredibly polite and nice the guy was)
- Lets the other guy save face.
- Praises every improvement.
- Gives the other guy a fine reputation to live up to.
- Uses encouragement. Make the faults seem easy to correct.
- Makes the other person happy about doing what they suggest.
edited 10th May '12 12:43:16 AM by TheHandle
edited 10th May '12 6:10:26 AM by Barkey
edited 10th May '12 11:45:22 AM by Minister
edited 10th May '12 3:21:11 PM by TamH70
edited 10th May '12 5:18:22 PM by Martello
edited 10th May '12 5:31:44 PM by Barkey
edited 10th May '12 9:38:06 PM by Barkey