One piece Blackbeard's Plan Discussion:
edited 7th Oct '12 7:18:04 PM by BigDaddyP
edited 8th Oct '12 4:18:37 AM by Saiga
edited 8th Oct '12 5:39:03 AM by BigDaddyP
edited 8th Oct '12 5:42:58 AM by Saiga
edited 5th Feb '13 3:11:38 AM by BigDaddyP
edited 8th Oct '12 2:42:19 PM by jcw3
edited 8th Oct '12 2:10:06 PM by CaptainKatsura
edited 8th Oct '12 3:03:23 PM by jcw3
- Name: Jack Boars
- Nickname: “Bear-Killer”, “The Ultimate Hunter”
- Age: 25
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Jack is usually the calm, cold-headed type. He is extremely phlegmatic, even lazy in most of circumstances and can be relied upon fulfilling his duties reliably. There is however one subject where he shows a surprising enthusiasm (if it can be called that way) and almost ominous flair for drama. That subject is... "Bears". Jack considers bears to be an incarnations of pure evil, devils in disguise, harbingers of apocalypse and more. His fear of bears verges into a realms of phobia, as he has a panic attack whenever there is a bear nearby. As a result, he considers his devil fruit an ultimate curse, something akin to a mark of anti-Christ and really dislikes using it. The fact that most of the world seems to be unaware about dangers of those vicious animals fills him with despair, and he tends to go onto a long rants about the evils of bears whenever he has a chance to do so.
- Nationality/Race: Human originating from Grand Line
- “Bear Bear Fruit (Kuma Kuma no Mi)”. Type: Paramecia. This paramecia fruit allows its user to transform any object he touches into a bear after several seconds. The resulting animal will usually be a hybrid of said item and a bear (ie. Sword-bear will have claws made of sword-blades and an iron skin, Table-bear will be really wide, have square legs and be partially made of wood etc…). Its behavior will be that of an ordinary animal, except that it will consider the user in vaguely friendly terms. It wont really obey any commands from him, but it will protect him from any obvious threats and attack his enemies. If used on human, they will enter the state similar to a hybrid shape of bear-zoan fruit: They will become anthropomorphic bear, with greatly increased strength and endurance, while their skills, personality and allegiance will remain intact. Good thing to use on allies, bad on enemies. The bears will always have a size at least equal to a grizzly bear, but objects bigger than grizzly will create bigger bears. However the size of transformed object is sharply limited by users skill, and Jack is unable to transform objects bigger than he is. At least at the beginning.
- Jack is also an excellent marksman, skilled in shooting from all manners of ranged, gunpowder-based weapons, from pistols to cannons
- He is also extremely competent tracker, capable of tracking almost any creature through wilderness and masking himself completely in foliage. Those skills make him excellent hunter, but are useless in cities and at sea.
- History: Jack is one of the inhabitant of an isle on Grand Line known as “the Hunter Paradise”. It is a gigantic island almost completely covered with forest within its all manner of beast and animals lurk and are hunted by a small, but extremely capable human population. A certain quirk is that animals on Hunter Paradise never stop growing, nor die of age, so there are animals that are ancient and are truly gigantic in size. The island is also inhabited by bears who are apex predators and don’t like humans and their settlements one bit, usually maiming and destroying them when they encounter them. As a consequence, for people on the island, bears are considered equal with “demons” and everything related to them is considered as a “curse”. And in contrast: everything and everyone that opposes or battles them is considered “blessed”. Jack Boars was one of the greatest and most celebrated hunters on the island, who led a ruthless campaign against “the demons”, trying to eliminate them and push them out of the inhabited zones. That was until one day, when he ate a Devil Fruit he found in a forest, in an attempt to gain even more power for his anti-bear crusade. In a turn of cosmic irony, he ate a “Bear-Bear fruit” becoming a conduit for the very enemy he sought to fight. From that point on his fall was swift and merciless – his inability to precisely control his power led him to create several bears in the settlement, creating panic and terror between fellow villagers who quickly branded him as an “Ultimate Evil” and exiled him from the island. Jack thus boarded a first ship out of island and wandered through the world of One Piece ever since.
- One rifle, modified for long-range shots and sniping
- Several pre-loaded pistols worn on bandoleer on his chest
- Clothes made from leather and hides of incredible quality.
edited 8th Oct '12 4:32:42 PM by Drakovicz
- Name: Oscar. Just Oscar.
- Nickname: Ehhh...
- Age: 22
- Gender: Male
- Personality: Lazy. Sleepy, except at night. Unfocused. Loud when he thinks he knows what he's talking about. Deferential, except when he thinks someone else is being hurt. Thinks being a pirate is the route to an easy life. Talent as an actor and storyteller.
- Origin: Definitely human.
- No Devil Fruit
- Acting skills give him some ability as an infiltrator and grifter.
- Unarmed skills about average for a GL ready pirate. Big guy, which he uses to his advantage. Specializes in a boxing form.
- No haki yet (predisposed towards observation).
- History: Oscar isn't fond of talking about where he comes from. He's just a drifter. He is pretty well known to the marines from the southern part of the South Blue and bears a slight resemblance to an actor of note from the same area. (will hash out the details with the GM if need be, but would like to keep as much from the others players as possible 'till it becomes relevant.)
- Book of notes and stories he's cribbed from folk he's met.
- Pair of light sandals he exchanges with a pair of heavy boots when needed.
- Necklace of braided rope and a few small shells. (Small tone dials that have short, possibly useful sounds. Six useful in total with:
- woman's scream,
- creaking wood boards,
- dog barking,
- distant foghorn,
- and a reminder to brush his teeth
- as well as a seventh he hasn't gotten to work.)note
- Height: 6' 5'' (196 cm)
- Weight: 250 lbs (113 kg)
- Blood Type: -O
edited 8th Oct '12 7:29:38 PM by OhnoaBear
- Has two basic abilties: Inhale and Exhale.
- By inhaling a substance, the user can "absorb" it and replicate it through exhaling. If the user successfully inhales the substance, they'll take no damage and they never take damage from exhaling it (ex they inhale fire without getting burned, and from that point on they can exhale fire without burning themself, but an enemy can still burn them with their own fire).
- The abilities I plan to start my character with:
- Wind Breath
- Fire Breath
- Icy Breath
- Poisonous Breath
- Smoke Breath
- Minty Breath
- Alcoholic Breath
edited 9th Oct '12 1:25:56 AM by Saiga
- One specially-designed magician's black tuxedo with hidden pockets and other accoutrements
- One black wide-brimmed parson's hat, similarly outfitted
- One curved sword, specially treated to withstand extreme heat or cold (this should be a special trick of forging, but I don't know what to call it)
- One pistol, with both regular shot and special shot (for "bullet-catching")
- One toolbag that contains, in addition to regular tools, a needle and thread
- A chemistry set, used for creating the pyrotechnics/special effects needed
edited 9th Oct '12 10:25:28 PM by hazzaboner
edited 10th Oct '12 7:27:36 AM by BigDaddyP
edited 10th Oct '12 9:04:16 AM by hazzaboner