edited 26th Nov '11 10:12:53 PM by rabbitRider
Stay salty, my friends.
- Name: Aina of Helgen
- Gender: Female
- Age: 23
- Race: Nord
- Birthsign: The Shadow
- Homeland: Skyrim - Helgen born, resides in Jorikstead
- Appearance: Aina has dark brown hair, almost black, and cut by herself just a bit past her shoulders. Her eyes are deep blue color due to her Nord heritage, though she didn't grow to be too tall like most of her kin. Her pale skin hides a fair amount of light scars she has collected by living as she does.
- Personality: Reserved, low key and a bit of a loner, Aina has spent a good part of her life alone in pursuit of her own particular obsession. Aina is a hunter, of beasts by trade and of the monsters that stalk the night and forests as her calling in life. She is kind and compassionate to a fault, though she spares no mercy for the inhuman. In her eyes they are just a tragedy waiting to happen. Bandits are also fair game to her as is practically anything that might threaten the life of those living in the small towns that dot the landscape of Skyrim. On the other hand she is a tad proud and puts a lot of importance in honor. She will never go back on her word and an oath is completely binding to her.
- Possessions/Gear: Hunting bow, 20 iron arrows, silver sword, 25 septims, a sapphire, torch, hide armor, boots and gloves, a hooded hunting cloak, salt piles, deer meat, potion of cure disease, frostbite venom, weak poison, iron dagger. She is also accepted in a residence she can call home, back in Rorikstead. There she has a single chest with her personal belongings, quite an amount of books, some hides, a few jewels and such.
- Skills: Good in One-handed, Archery, Stealth and Block. Knows something about Blacksmithing, Alchemy and Light Armor.
- Background: A child born in the outskirts of Helgen deep in Falkreath Hold, single daughter of the respected owner of a lumbermill. She led a humble life by the standards of the city folk, though for her surroundings she very fortunate. She was taught her letters at an early age and so Aina was often found reading stories to the rest of the children. However, her life took a sharp turn one night when her little hamlet suffered the attack of a werewolf. Her mother hid her under the bed while her father tried, and quite quickly failed, to hold the beast back. In the aftermath of the attack there was nobody left who would take her, though because of her father's influence some of his remaining money was used to hire her a passage to Rorikstead, where her uncle had gone some time before to help with establishing the town. Her uncle took her in and on her own initiative arranged for her to learn how to be a hunter as her trade. Aina learned the tricks of the trade quickly, haunted by the memories of the night of the attack. She retreated from people, into either the wilderness or her books... The Importance of Where and Words and Philosophy becoming favorites of her together with the tales of Black Arrow. However, she truly found the purpose of her life when she was a 15 year old girl and one of the children of Rorikstead went missing. Like it was just what she had been waiting for her entire life she ran into the night the moment she heard of it. She searched for three whole days until she found his remains on a Troll lair. Aina slew the beast in vengeance for the boy... however she could not be satisfied with that. Skyrim still held uncountable dangers lurking in the dark... each foretelling another tragedy like the one which scarred her life. Aina returned to Rorikstead to inform her uncle of her intent and then departed into the wilds of Skyrim, traveling through the whole realm. Sometimes she walked with mercenaries, some nights she spent in the hall of the vigilant, she once hunted with a man of the Silver Hand and then carried his sword when he fell to the bite of the beast he stalked. To the day she still prowls the wilderness, coming to civilization for brief periods of time, selling the skins of animals and every time feeling like she was cheated in some way by the merchants of the cozy cities.
edited 2nd Dec '11 12:32:50 PM by daltar
- Name: Jeane
- Gender: Female
- Age: 23
- Race: Breton
- Birthsign: The Thief
- Homeland: Born in Cyrodiil, but spent much if not most of her life in Skyrim
- Appearance: Jeane is pale young woman of about average height (5 ft. 7' - 5 ft. 10'), with a lithe, curved build and short, disheveled, wavy brown hair. Her eyes are a bright red, and if one looks closely, they may notice what appear to be fangs lodged in her gumline.
- Personality: Jeane is reticent and reserved, opting to speak only when spoken to unless it is of the utmost importance. When she does interact with others, Jeane is polite and straight-forward, preferring to get straight to the point instead of dancing around the issue (unless the situation is very, very awkward for her). This reflects her primary modus operandi, which is to minimize waste and maximize gain. The words "excessive" and "overkill" are rather lost on her, as she tends to deal with problems the quickest and cleanest way possible. While she has no qualms with killing, lying or thievery, Jeane prefers not to dirty her hands and will only engage in as much is strictly necessary. She enjoys traveling and discovering new places and things, and will take every opportunity she can to go on a trip. However, she rarely has company on any of these trips, and prefers more to observe on her travels instead of involving herself with the locals.
- Possessions/Gear: Two Ebony Daggers, one Ebony Bow (stocked with, of course, ebony arrows), a set of female Dark Brotherhood garb, and a number of empty potion bottles
- Skills: Good in Archery, One Handed, Sneak, Pickpocket and Lockpicking. Proficient in Alchemy (she can make just about any poison but no potions) and somewhat in Smithing (enough to improve and create weapons, but not enough to craft her own armor)
- Background: Jeane was, unlike most, born a vampire, having contracted the disease from her mother during pregnancy. Jeane doesn't know much about her mother or father, as they never cared for her, opting instead to simply drop the baby girl off at the doorstep of the Dark Brotherhood without so much as a goodbye or take care. In the absence of any real mother or father, the Brotherhood became Jeane's only family, and the only ones who would accept her true nature. They trained her in their ways, and found her to be a very capable, if reluctant, assassin. So capable in fact that she rose to the rank of Silencer by age of twenty-one. She's generally well-regarded within the Brotherhood for her skills, but not many of her fellow members actually like her. Jeane lacks the zest most Brotherhood members share for their work, something which many see as anbormal or strange. She doesn't particularly enjoy killing, she doesn't have any religious fervor in regards to Sithis or the Night Mother, and generally just treats the Brotherhood more like a job than a lifestyle. In fact, her driving motivation to reach Silencer was the freedom provided by the post, including no longer being bound by the Five Tenets. As such, her interactions with all members but her handlers (who she reserves a modest degree of respect and "familial loyalty" to) tend to be short and few and far between. She tends to take numerous extended trips under the pretense of "work" and will do whatever she can to lengthen her time on the road.
edited 27th Nov '11 11:33:54 PM by KSPAM
edited 28th Nov '11 12:17:57 AM by daltar
edited 27th Nov '11 11:02:27 PM by daltar
- Name: Bohl Kabiun
- Race: Argonian
- Gender: Male (Well, as male as an Argonian can get.)
- Age: 25
- Birthsign: The Shadow
- Hails from Cyrodiil.
- Appearance: Let's just say this default Argonian picture◊. Black eyes, slightly-dark green skin, horns... the works. He's a pretty lanky bastard, about six and a half feet tall, so his stealthing about is sometimes limited despite his best efforts. He has various scars along his upper body where deep wounds once were but have healed over, leaving simple lines that are not too noticeable.
- Skills: Good with Speech, Sneak, One-Handed, and Light Armor. While pretty bad at Lockpicking, he can at least stick a dagger in terribly unsecured locks.
- Complete set of Leather Armor, as well as a hood, but no shield, all stained completely black with symmetric blood-red markings (IT'S DYE!! Not actual blood... ew) all over, as well as a set of normal merchant clothes.
- One Orchish dagger, with three steel daggers he conceals as backups. The backups are more for flavor text than for actual use in the RP, simply because he only uses a single dagger in his right hand to fight, and since everyone else seems to be carrying multiple weapons it's a bit silly for him to be totally SOL if he drops his dagger somewhere.
- A symbol of Zenithar which he wears on a strand around his neck.
- A horse with his merchant junk (you don't expect him to walk to Skyrim, do you?); then the horse gets horribly killed at the start and he'll only have a simple bag where he stashes his spare clothes as well as whatever starting money or items he's supposed to have at the start of the RP.
- Backstory: Born under the sign of the Shadow, he was sent to be raised by Dark Brotherhood and trained as a Shadowscale, but due to a chance encounter involving the Dark Brotherhood transport he was on being attacked by bandits (or bears? vengeful mage? whatever's most believable) was not successfully escorted to the Cheydinhal sanctuary. He crawled (or whatever baby Argonians do) for a few days until found by a kind-hearted human merchant on a trip back home, who took him on as his own and taught him trade, as well as passing on his own Zenithar-inspired beliefs and morals. When he was approximately fifteen, his "father" was killed by a crooked business partner who wanted to cheat them. As the man attempted to stab Bohl with the same blade that had taken his father's life, his latent Shadowscale survival instinct emerged, turning him invisible just long enough to dodge and then turn the blade into the man.
- Character: He spends almost all his free time stalking the night in his black armor, finding those he deems deserving of justice and swiftly applying it, so there's that whole aspect. Aside from that, he also is pretty human in behavior, even attitude, instead of alien as most Argonians are. Years of traveling as a merchant and refining his speaking skills have made him capable of projecting any outward appearance he wants (as much as an Argonian can, that is), but normally appears like a rather tame, gentle, easygoing, amiable merchant.
edited 4th Dec '11 9:16:13 PM by nman
THIS SUBMISSION BLANKED FOR RETOOLING
edited 4th Dec '11 4:54:16 PM by InfiniteParagon
- Name: Athyn Dren
- Gender: Male
- Race: Dunmer
- Age: 37
- Birthsign: The Serpent
- Homeland: Morrowind
- Appearance: Tall, but not abnormally so(about 6'1), with a lean build. Dark, ash gray skin, red eyes, and shoulder-length, silky white hair. Ruggedly good looking.
- Personality: Athyn is outgoing, cheerful, and personable, but also dangerous and quick to anger. He's also a reckless glory hound, a fact he acknowledges shamelessly. Athyn is a very social person, and feels most comfortable around others. For this same reason, he far prefers large cities to the small homesteads that dot Skyrim. Like all Dunmer, he laments the loss of his people's ancient land and society, but has resolved to succeed despite these losses and despises foreigners that pity his proud race.
- Possessions and Gear: Fine steel dagger and sword. Set of studded leather armor. A few days rations and a purse full of septims(just over a hundred and fifty). Two poisons of Damage Health, one poison of Paralysis.
- Skills: Good at: One-handed, Destruction, Speech, and Alchemy. Average at Sneak and Light Armor.
- Spells: Flames, Firebolt, Ice Spike
- Backstory: Athyn was born on the border of the wasteland that remains of Morrowind, to a wealthy merchant family descended from the once-mighty House Hlaalu. From his birth, he was caught up in the deadly game of Dunmer politics between noble families, a game that even Morrowind's near annihilation could not change. He grew up in the luxury, schooled in social graces, swordplay, and magic, along with the darker side of high society, like poison and treachery. He would put these skills to good use, becoming an expert player in the conspiracies and plots Dark Elf society. In fact, he was too good a player, and before long his family's enemies came up with an expensive solution: the Morag Tong. After a failed attempt at his life, which his assassin also escaped from, Athyn decided to go to ground until the contract expired. To this end, he fled across the border into Skyrim, where they still pursue him to this day.
edited 30th Nov '11 9:09:03 PM by rabbitRider
edited 28th Nov '11 5:50:40 PM by nman
edited 28th Nov '11 7:31:34 PM by nman