Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
Total posts:  2
Character Fun: Sort them into Hogwarts!:
Because why the hellfuckery not?
For those who need a refresh:
- Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry.
- Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses, valuing hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its members.
- Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge and wit.
- Slytherin house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness.
- Seeger: Slytherin
- Libby: Ravenclaw
- Nicky: Gryffindor
- Nia: Hufflepuff
- Jamie: Gryffindor
- Kiwi: Slytherin
- Benny: Hufflepuff
- Elizabeth: Hufflepuff
- Hunter: Slytherin
- Osbourne: Ravenclaw
- Ankra: Gryffindor
edited 16th Jun '11 7:01:23 AM by MrAHR
- Saunder: Gryffindor (though I think he might end up squicking a lot of them out)
- Rho: Slytherin
- Heloise: Hufflepuff
- Toby: Hufflepuff
- Splendor: Ravenclaw (albeit a not yet educated one)
edited 4th Mar '12 5:40:25 AM by BetsyandtheFiveAvengers
- Sam: Ravenclaw
- Emma: Hufflepuff
- Lauren: Gryffindor
- Katherine: Hufflepuff
- Ennis: Gryffindor
- N.029: Ravenclaw
- Rhys: Hufflepuff
- Andrews: Hufflepuff
- Jade: Slytherin
- Jill: Slytherin
- Eli/The Observer(usurper): Slytherin
- CÚleste/The Contractor: Hufflepuff
- The Observer: Ravenclaw
- Verdandi: Gryffindor
- Erin: Ravenclaw
- Adele: Ravenclaw
- Sascha: Hufflepuff
- April: Hufflepuff
...sure are a lot of em in hufflepuff
Pro Tip: Spiders are not technically insects, but actually skeletons made of congealed hate.
watching down on us
- Beowulf: Ravenclaw. He's not calm and collected like a typical Ravenclaw, but he's very clever and resourceful, which is what counts.
- He also has shades of Slytherin to him, as he is also cunning and manipulative.
- Hrothgar: Hufflepuff. He's an honest, friendly individual, though he's not really a hardworker like a typical hufflepuff. He just likes to be good to people.
- Unferth: Gryffindor. At first glance he may seem like a Slytherin because of his cold, unfriendly manner, but he has a strong sense of honor and what is right and wrong to which he firmly adheres.
- Heorot: A Slytherin, really—she has her personal goals, and cunning ways to achieve them. However, she is not evil.
- Hygelac: Something of a Slytherin—all his sacrifices are made ultimately to benefit himself. He cares about his nephew, but fails to accept his nephew nature and instead tries to mold him into his own preconception of what he should be.
- Grendel: A hufflepuff. Grendel is not inherently evil, and he is incredibly loyal to his mother.
- Grendel's mother: Extremely difficult to sort, because unlike most villains she does not have any of the qualities of a slytherin, she does not have any designs to which she works, and she doesn't fit well into any other house, either. Her abuse of Beowulf may be considered Slytherin-like, but those are the only tendencies she has.
Banned entirely for telling FE that he was being rude and not contributing to the discussion.
I shall watch down from the goon heavens.
Zoe Spring: Gryffindor
Corey Autumn: Slytherin
Ian Summer: Gryffindor
Prisha Winter: Ravenclaw
Man I almost even covered all the houses
. Though I admit I thought of being bias if Zoe or Ian might be closer to Hufflepuff but decided to be true lol.
edited 16th Jun '11 8:56:00 AM by PsychoFreaX
Lots of planets have a north!
Ooh. This'll be fun. I'm going to guess that this was in no way inspired by the debate about the houses in the bothersome aspects of Harry Potter thread. ' w '
- Kiyoi Shimada is intelligent, manipulative, and a little cold at times by necessity due to his frail build, but is overall a kind man dedicated to his country. I suspect that goals have little to do with houses, so I would slot him into Slytherin.
- Akura Shimada is a strict mentor with high expectations who has the underlying desire to simply do his job, and do it well. He would be in Slytherin.
- Adrian Kunstler is an unfailingly polite, intelligent, and faintly Eccentric Millionaire who gets a kick out of playfully messing with people's heads and peppering his speech with Genius Bonuses, just to see who understands them. He is firmly a Ravenclaw.
- Vinicio Acquati is ambitious beyond belief, always aiming to top his peers in everything possible. Also snobbish, a bit of a jerk, arrogant, and tends to look down on the poor and disadvantaged, making him the archetypal example of a Slytherin.
It seems like I have some very classically evil protagonists. This is going to be interesting.
edited 16th Jun '11 12:51:36 PM by CrystalGlacia
To love another is to know the face of God...
- Time is probably Gryffindor.
- Katherine is Ravenclaw.
- Gravity, once I write him, will probably fit best in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin.
- Joseph Andyrm is Slytherin.
- The yet-unnamed Haargen heir will be Hufflepuff.
It's even more apropos since it's set at a kinda-sorta Wizarding School
, though there will be no house system.
edited 16th Jun '11 9:08:57 AM by alethiophile
CG: It was inspired by the thread in literature with the same premise, only meant for other series
Runs on Awesomeness
For my NaNoWriMo
- Yuki: Gryffindor
- Amaya: Ravenclaw
- Leo: Gryffindor
- Mordecai: Slytherin
- Lena: Gryffindor
- Keaira: Slytherin
- Tareth: Ravenclaw
An accurate depiction
For Est Machina
- Gant: Slytherin.
- Itou: Slytherin.
- Grane: Slytherin.
- Gerem: Hufflepuff.
- Karr: Slytherin.
- Renstein: Gryffindor.
No intellectuals, one person who supports others more than himself, two courageous ones, a metric ton of ambitious and selfish folk.
This is this.
From my current fantasy project:
- Danparan: A scientist, but an idealistic one with a fondness for heroics. Given the choice, would choose Gryffindor over Ravenclaw. So, Gryffindor.
- Mouwest: Brave, loyal and fond of adventure. Gryffindor.
- Chejest: Married to his job. Hufflepuff.
- Kibest: Principled and good-natured, but with a gruff and cynical exterior. Probably Gryffindor again.
- Bousthan: Academic and philosophical. Ravenclaw.
- Shousayban: Impulsive, competitive and good-natured. Probably Gryffindor.
- Garaban: Creative, optimistic and hard-working. Hufflepuff.
- Pefan: Studious and scientific, but passionately political. Probably Ravenclaw, though could be Gryffindor.
- Merkest: Athletic and good-natured. Probably Hufflepuff.
- Genre: Nerdy and creative. Ravenclaw.
- Arianrhod: Creative but lazy. Values loyalty more than courage, ambition or intelligence, so probably Hufflepuff.
- Genovefa: Also nerdy, and a bit of a troll. Too lazy for Slytherin or Ravenclaw, so Hufflepuff.
- Friendship: A total dork, kind of weird but loving and tolerant. Hufflepuff.
- Merlyna: Practical and hard-working. Hufflepuff.
- Gloaming: Romantic, daydreamer. Gryffindor.
- Woe: Emo, slightly cynical but fairly smart. Ravenclaw.
- Feidl: Intelligent and empirical, but also hugely ambitious. Slytherin.
- Waste: Bitter and power-obsessed. Slytherin.
- Krigkama and Boogie: Both complete nutters. The former could go in Gryffindor, the latter in Slytherin, if they weren't both sorted straight into Azkaban.
Writer's Welcome Wagon
This should be fun:
- Justin *
And these are just the protagonists of all of the stories I could think off of the top of my head.
edited 16th Jun '11 7:37:14 PM by chihuahua0
Milo: Hufflepuff. He can be brave when he really tries, but loyalty is probably his more defining trait.
Flinn: Griffindor all the way. Brave, daring, and stubborn.
Taren: Probably Slytherin for the cunning and resourcefullness, as well as a certain lack of scruples when it comes to achieving a goal. But he's very daring as well, so shades of Griffindor.
Tristan: Hufflepuff. I would have thought Ravenclaw, but on closer inspection knowledge isn't his defining trait, it's more his sense of fair play.
Delmar: Ravenclaw, for knowledge.
edited 16th Jun '11 5:56:48 PM by LoniJay
Be not afraid...
edited 16th Jun '11 5:05:52 PM by gingerninja666
"Contests fought between two masters are decided instantly. An invisible battle is now raging between the two of them." Lulu vs Schneizel
I'll do Wordkeepers characters, because that universe draws some inspiration from Harry Potter anyway:
- Nick: An extremely grouchy Gryffindor. Which really pisses him off, because his last name is Griffin, and he feels like it's a sucky prank.
- Ran: Ravenclaw
- Apollo: Also Ravenclaw, but he has some Hufflepuff tendencies.
- Alex: As much as he would never admit it, he's a Gryffindor too.
- Cantella: Also Ravenclaw, in the Luna Lovegood fashion.
- Saradeana: Actually, kind of Hufflepuff-ish. For all that she's crazy and Tsundere, she's actually rather supportive.
"Proto-Indo-European makes the damnedest words related. It's great. It's the Kevin Bacon
of etymology." ~Madrugada
Is this forum on a Harry Potter kick lately or something?
I've started this several times already but got distracted.
Let's try again.
- Timmy-eh Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. He's Gryffindor in the Neville Longbottom sort of way-derpy at first and then awesome later.
- Rusty-eh not sure I'd say Gryffindor
- Leandra-Ravenclaw or Slytherin
- Blade-Ravenclaw or Slytherin
- Dex-Ravencalw or Slytherin
Oh yay! I thought about starting a thread like this when I saw the other one in the Literature forum but I'm glad someone else did it :)
In Broken Sky:
- Dorian: About a 60/40 split between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, respectively.
- Tai: Ravenclaw
- Saedra: Hufflepuff
- Bradford: Slytherin, but a "nice" Slytherin
- Jerhan: Slytherin
- Xander: Gryffindor
- Cyrus: Gryffindor
- Sylivia: 50/50 between Ravenclaw or Slytherin
in Heavens Lights:
- Kaiya: Gryffindor
- Faraday: Ravenclaw or Slytherin
- Reina: Gryffindor
- Rutherford: Gryffindor or Slytherin
- Cyril: Slytherin
- Kassoria: Slytherin
- Zekador: Gryffindor
- Natlanti: Gryffindor
- Falgren: Ravenclaw
- Meroneth: Slytherin or mean-Hufflepuff a la Zachariah Smith
- Kyrizzian: Slytherin or ax-crazy Gryffindor
- Nahiira: Hufflepuff
edited 16th Jun '11 7:18:31 PM by moonfie
Aiden is a clear cut Gryffindor.
Melody is a bit harder. She has some Slytherin traits but they're mostly the result of having to grow up very, very, fast in a hostile environment. Had she not been forced into becoming a Child Soldier
she'd probably be a Hufflepuff. Sorting is done at eleven, and her parents were still alive then, so I'll go with Hufflepuff for her.
edited 28th Nov '11 9:00:36 PM by ladygem
Chibi town sound off!
- Sera: Gryffindor
- Fait: Hufflepuff
- Jay: Gryffindor
- Remel: Ravenclaw
- Oridhe: Ravenclaw
- Ceyda: Slytherin
- Helian & Alany: Ravenclaw
- Numan: Slytherin
- Sanders: Gryffindor
- Morty: Slytherin
Sorry to be the spelling police, but I'm guessing you mean a hostile
environment? When I first read that sentence I thought you meant something entirely different.
edited 19th Jun '11 2:28:19 PM by LoniJay
Be not afraid...
- Arianne: Slytherin
- Blaise: Ravenclaw
- Adrien: Hufflepuff
- Flore Mercier: Gryffindor
- Juste Mercier: Slytherin
- Erika: Slytherin
- Emil: Gryffindor
- Theresa: Hufflepuff
- Kasimir: Slytherin
- Luitger: Gryffindor
- Lorenz: Slytherin
- Markus: Ravenclaw
- Matthias: Slytherin
- Evelyn: Ravenclaw
- Carla: Hufflepuff
edited 19th Jun '11 4:46:40 PM by Tarsen
Pro Tip: Spiders are not technically insects, but actually skeletons made of congealed hate.
Resurrecting this thread for my NaNoWriMo
characters this year.
Lottie: Hufflepuff with strong Ravenclaw leanings
edited 28th Nov '11 8:58:39 PM by ladygem
- Ryan: Gryffindor (sort of...)
- Jason: Ravenclaw
- Nicole: Gryffindor
- Bill: Hufflepuff
- Janice: Ravenclaw
- Rachel: Ravenclaw
- Seth: Slytherin
- Marcus: Hufflepuff
- Gus: Hufflepuff
- Eric: Slytherin
- Alex: Hufflepuff
- Ethan: Ravenclaw
! Has nothing to do with wolves.