Devils of Mortechaîne: A Mystery:
Now, time to get some technical things out of the way so we don't spend 4 pages debating about it afterwards. In case it isn't obvious, this is not your typical one-liner post RP. This will be a very writing-intensive story, as the key to playing and winning is to interact with the NP Cs and to investigate the various locations in the village. Basically, don't write one-liners. By following the clues you find, you will eventually get to the bottom of all of the problems in town. NP Cs will be controlled by me, seeing as I'm the only one that knows the whole story right from the get-go. It wouldn't be much of a mystery if everyone and their mother knew what was going to happen, eh? In addition, upon entering areas that are currently relevant to the plot, I will drop hints as to where to search for clues. I will notify players of the general time of day, and of the transition between days. NP Cs will usually be in the same location at the start of the day, unless I notify you otherwise. The player that is The Chosen One and the one affected by the Corruption will be selected by the infinite wisdom of some lovely scraps of paper and my trusty fedora. And will be PMed The Chosen One's main perk is that they have healing abilities and are immune to Corruption. They can also do some offensive light-based magic. They will NOT be aware of their abilities at first, and will only gradually learn of their existence. The Corrupted individual will have increased strength and speed, but only slightly. They can spread the Corruption to other players by forming close relationships with them. Their descent into insanity is somewhat slow but can be hastened as events unfold. The key factor here is that the characters, even the one it originated from, are not aware that they are Corrupted and may not even realize they're losing their sanity. Thus, it is one of the more difficult roles to write for, but very effective if done well. I will provide a nice list of locations, NP Cs, and a map once the RP starts. Also, please use human characters... O Cs if possible. The game ends when you solve the mystery, you all die, or everyone minus the savior is corrupted. Right, here's the form:
Name: I hope to god this is self-explanatory. First and last, or whatever.
Age: Once again, very self explanatory.
Gender: I hope they have one.
Appearance: How they look. Describe their race, hair/eye color, height/build, clothes, etc.... Any noticeable physical features...
Personality: Their overall personality and disposition. Include any personality or character tics and habits, phobias, whatever.
Talents or Skills: If they have any special talents or skills, note it here. Their occupation can go here as well.
Random: Anything you'd like to share that isn't covered on the form.
Rules 1. Right, so... Basic forum rules apply.
2. Please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE do NOT share that you are Corrupted or the savior to other players IC or OOC unless it is to inform them that you've corrupted them (And even then, use very good judgment)
3. Do not spoil plot details for other players. Sometimes I may inform a player of something for the purpose of story. Don't ruin the fun for everyone else.
4. Don't be a douchebag. Unless you're Wiji. Because seriously, it's not cool... Unless you're Wiji. It just pisses people off.
5. If at all possible, try to avoid one-liners. Describe. You're solving a mystery, here! Describe where your character's looking, what they discover (I'll handle what clues they find, and hint at what to look for, as stated.). If you're just conversing with another character, it's fine to an extent. But... Yeah, use good judgment.
Sub GM is Wiji. She will crack down on y'all if you're doing something stupid.\\ Anywho, feel free to sign up now, and congratulations if you actually read through all of that. Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.
edited 5th May '11 11:54:05 AM by Motree
edited 5th May '11 12:12:26 PM by InfiniteParagon
edited 5th May '11 12:07:41 PM by Motree
- Name: Sebastian Clearwater
- Age: 33
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: Caucasian, Long black hair with auburn eyes. Tall with a lean and muscular build. Wears shined black shoes, black business pants with a white collared shirt with small black stripes under a black vest and a red tie, with a grey coat and a black fedora with small silver stripes.
- Personality: Speaks with a British accent and has the air of a butler. He knows when to follow an order, but he also knows when to speak against it or not or reply with some sort of snide comment as well. Very formal and always thinks of the guest or lady he may be speaking to first.
- Talents or Skills: He knows how to prepare a good meal, but being a detective he also has a keen sense to tell when somethings up. Carries a notepad and a pen to keep track of people, places and leads. (Meta-Example, mainly a way to notify what Sebastian has taken note of.) He also has a talent for fencing.
Care to guess who this character is based off of?
edited 5th May '11 12:23:56 PM by InfiniteParagon
edited 5th May '11 2:57:49 PM by Bitterman
edited 5th May '11 8:20:30 PM by kkhohoho
edited 5th May '11 3:48:49 PM by InfiniteParagon
- Name: Alex Brenen
- Gender: Male
- Description: At 5'4" he is around average height for his age and is around average build. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. He is Caucasian with a farmer's tan.
- Personality: He is energetic, a trait which can sometimes get on people nerves, and wild. Due to this he is considered a cuckoolander. He doesn't do well in school due to being somewhat book dumb, yet is still intelligent in his own ways.
- Talents & Skills: Has hyper awareness and is good at pressing for information. He can also climb trees quite well.
- Random: He thinks he can understand squirrels...he can't.
edited 9th May '11 5:28:16 PM by Duckymanfair
edited 5th May '11 7:39:17 PM by InfiniteParagon
- Name: Herbert Brinker
- Age: 25
- Gender: Male
- Appearance: American. He's 6 feet 5 inches tall. Has black eyes. His hair is slightly wild and black. He's slightly muscular. He wears a white jersey with the number 3 on it. Wears white shorts.
- Personality: He's generally active and friendly. He's rather chill and outgoing. Has a bit of a temper though.
- Talents or Skills: He's an athlete who loves to play football. And baseball. Especially baseball. He's generally good at sports, but loves the two sports that were mentioned earlier the most. Also can cook.
- Random: He's very patriotic and he will make damn sure you know it. If the United States are so much mentioned, he'll most likely go on a tangent about it. And he can ramble for quite a while. Oh, and tragedies that happened in the US (i.e. 9/11) will also set him off.
edited 6th May '11 12:53:02 PM by Motree
edited 10th May '11 6:14:51 PM by Dragon573
Name: Romulus, “Ro,” Saintcrow. Age: 17 Gender: Male. Appearance: Ro basically looks like his sister in build and facial structure, to the extent that they could conceivably cross-dress as each other. That said, the two have a few major physical divergences, and not just in gender. For one thing, Ro is not Albino. He was born without it, and as a result has naturally colored hair and eyes. His hair is black and cut pageboy style, and his eyes are an innocent looking dark brown. Next, he’s considerably tanner than his sister, a result of not having to worry about skin cancer every time he went out in the sun. Finally, what he wears is, I think you’ll find, incredibly different. He wears tennis shoes, jeans, and a T-shirt under most circumstances, and almost never wears dresses. Personality: Charming and outgoing, Ro is essentially the polar opposite of his sister. Basically an ENTJ personality type, he tends to joke around and almost never takes anything particularly seriously. He’s friendly with everyone and generally amiable, and overall a pretty nice guy. He tends to find the best in everyone. He’s a bit hot headed at times, and sometimes acts impulsively, and he almost never thinks things through. He’s not as bright as his sister, but more otherwise talented, and he has a tendency to do better in school (And in life) due to his sheer perseverance towards difficult tasks—where his sister would give up, he would press on. He loves his sister (Perhaps a little too much as well…), although he does make friends with those around him. His most negative trait is perhaps his inability to truly understand his sibling, and his tendency to abandon her—and others that he loves—in favor of pleasing himself. A bit of an asshole in that regard, he’s incredibly hedonistic, to the extent that it harms others. He has a passion for photography. Talents or Skills: He speaks Chinese, is good at socializing, is good at sports and athletic, and tends to get decent enough grades. Random: He always has a camera around his neck, and his relationship with his sister might be a bit too close…
edited 9th May '11 8:26:40 AM by FakeCrowley
edited 7th May '11 7:03:55 PM by Dragon573