YMMV: The Young and the Restless
- Alternative Character Interpretation: This causes a lot of the broken bases. Every character gets one. Is Victor a Magnificent Bastard/Noble Demon without whom the show would be nowhere, or is he a Villain Sue whom the show would better off not having? Is Jack completely justified in constantly trying to regain his family, or is he a loser trying to hold on to something he really should abandon? Even minor characters canít avoid this: Is Esther a really good friend to Katherine, her employer, or is Esther an annoying idiot, or both?
- Awesome Music: "Nadia's Theme".
- How about the sax-driven jazz version from 1999-2003?
- Broken Base: Almost everything and everyone on this show. The only things that are not base breakers are the fact that The Young and the Restless is a soap opera that they watch and that random background puppet at Crisom Lights is creepy.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Quite a few of the most popular characters started out as villains, including Victor, Nina, Phyllis, Michael, Kevin and Chloe. They turned out to be popular with viewers so they were retooled by writers to be more likable, albeit still with an edge.
- Dude, Not Funny!: Tracy reacts this way when Jack called Brad, who froze to death, a "Bradsicle."
- Magnificent Bastard: Victor Newman.
- Tear Jerker: Jeanne Cooper's final scene as Katherine Chancellor before her death in May 2013.
Jill: Do you want me to help you up the stairs?Katherine: I believe I can manage. Thank you, though. Good night.