The movie contains examples of:
- Narm: "God (sob) ... Help... Him!"
- Also the ample amounts of Engrish.
- Nightmare Fuel / Uncanny Valley: Kusanagi's blank face when Mitsuya wants to kill her is just... scary. Her silver eyes are just ghost-like, and yet, pretty cute at the same time.
- Her appearance when she comes out of the ladies' room in the Krakow restaurant is also quite creepy, with her newly slicked back hair and glaringly red lips - she looks more like a doll come to life than a person in that moment. Even Yűichi stares with his mouth open. This could be a reference to another one of the director's films Ghost in the Shell: Innocence.
The videogame contains examples of:
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The entire soundtrack qualifies as one, but special mention goes to BGM 5 and all its variants (11, 21, 28 & 29). The composer is Kazuhiro Nakamura.
- Narm: Mozume. Despite having a great voice actor (or rather, because of it) his last lines are one of the most hilarious in video games.
- The Scrappy: Ukumori, with his propensity to shove his 'the weak die in battle' mentality down everybody else's throat. He's hated even by players, and not just some of the characters.