YMMV: Space Runaway Ideon
- Awesome Music: "Cantata Orbis", the closing music from Be Invoked.
- No love for the opening and ending?
- Ear Worm: "Fukkatsu no Ideon," the (rather peppy) opening.
"SP-PACE RUN-A-WAY IDEON! I-DE-O-NNNNNN!!"
- Fridge Horror: Just how many times has the Ide pushed the reset button?
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Mechas called the Dogg Mack and 'Take off every Zigg Mack'.
- Memetic Mutation: Ideon destroyed the universe!
- Which is kinda odd because it only destroyed the solar system it was in/that part of the galaxy it was in.
- Okay, let's just say it destroyed humanity.
- Hey, look at the monitor to your left. *Stares at troper*
- Frequently, Doba's manly-tears-closeup near the end of Be Invoked is a standard imageboard reply to something awe-inspiring.
- Nightmare Fuel: A lot of the deaths in the show (as you can see in this video) and especially the movie Be Invoked, are pretty gruesome, but what takes the cake is the death of Ashura, who gets her head cleanly blown off. And she's a kid of a mere 5 years.
- Nice Job Breaking The Universe Heroes: Well duh.
- Narm Charm: Even now, fans can't decide if Cosmo's massive afro is really hilarious or really awesome.
- So Okay, It's Average: The movie is really the main reason this show stays on the map, as it was where most of the over-the-top violence and the Kill 'em All ending actually played out. The actual show isn't terrible, but the episodes are Strictly Formula and rather cliché-ridden, and the animation budget wasn't exactly huge.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Cosmo and Kasha name Karala's child Messiah.
- WTH, Costuming Department?: Reviewers on the Internet have pointed out how Buff Clan generals' uniforms resemble stereotypical Elvis impersonators' outfits.