YMMV: Shane Dawson
- Broken Base: His coming out as bi has split the base, although not because of his identifying as bisexual. While people are more or less universally happy that he can openly admit to being who he is and some point out that bisexuals need representation, others think that his use of Black Comedy such as Blackface and so on disqualifies him from being a representative. For the time being, many are content to wait and see how his behaviour changes, if at all.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- "RIP Grandma Dawson" sounds like a Tear Jerker (and this is without knowing about the other grandma-related videos, which are VERY sad), but has Shane constantly trying to keep a light attitude and smile to remember his grandma in happiness and not sadness. Although he does get choked up a bit, he isn't sobbing like he was in the other Grandma videos.
- His coming out video. Halfway through it, he's already in tears, but at the same time he looks and sounds as though a massive weight has been lifted off of his shoulders, like he's wanted to get all of this out for years (which he freely admits he has).
- Love It or Hate It:
- While he does have a fairly sizeable fanbase, his use of Blackface and dark humour comedy in general have also generated a rather vocal hatedom. On his potentially more offensive works, some are okay simply to not watch it, whereas others are calling for him to be banned from Vidcon.
- This also seems to be the case when he's doing the YouTubers React series, as he's usually the one that seems unimpressed, being The Stoic, which is odd compared to his usual self.
- Nightmare Fuel: Some of his Black Comedy videos can boarder on this.
- His "Blank Space" parody is full of this. Even though this is Played for Laughs, it's still pretty disturbing and nightmare-inducing.