YMMV: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
From the film "proper":
- Acting for Two: Chochem and Von Green are played by the same actor (Carl Don).
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Santa is a Magnificent Bastard that knows exactly what's going on the whole time and plays along just for laughs.
- Or it's all a plan to conquer the Martians by leaving Dropo in charge of Christmas.
- Cult Classic
- Ear Worm: Dumb and annoying as it is, you've got to admit that "Hooray for Santa Claus" is CATCHY.
- He Also Did: The composer for this film, Milton DeLugg, went on to become the musical director for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for over 40 years.
- Hey, It's That Girl!: Pia Zadora.
- Memetic Molester: In one scene, Santa is left alone with the Martian children. Instead of introducing himself like a normal person, he grins at them and giggles like a pervert.
- Memetic Mutation: "You're the laziest man on Mars!"
- Torg, go BACK in the SPACE SHIP!
- On the weekly WrestleCrap Radio podcast, host R. D. Reynolds always pronounces the word "program" in the same idiosyncratic fashion as the Martians do in this film ("progrem"). This stems from the film's induction into the WrestleCrap website, since that site has a holiday tradition of inducting bad Christmas movies instead of bad Professional Wrestling angles.
- Nightmare Fuel: It may be a ridiculous movie, but younger kids may not take kindly to the Martians trying to kill a beloved cultural icon on more than one occasion.
- Snark Bait
- So Bad, It's Good
- Special Effect Failure: The man in the polar bear "custume" must be seen to be believed.
- Torg the Robot is possibly as sad, if not worse than the polar bear. He too, also has to be seen to be believed.
- They Just Didn't Care / No Budget: "Custume" designer? Wham-O air guns?
- "Santa Claus Kidnaped!"