- Crosses the Line Twice: Only twice?
- Cult Classic
- Dancing Bear: Many watch it only because of how ridiculous it is.
- Nausea Fuel: The only purpose of this film. THE ONLY PURPOSE.
- So Bad, It's Good
- Values Dissonance: The Marbles are guilty of much evil, but many modern viewers probably aren't bothered that they adopt out babies to lesbian couples.
- Seeing that the adoptive lesbians parents seem to be the most decent and grounded characters in the film, Waters may have making a point about how ridiculous it would be to consider them inappropriate parents.
- Squick: Possibly the greatest concentration of squick in the history of cinema.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Half Subverted. Waters said he was high while writing it, but not while making it.
- On the other hand, he did say that, to save on catering, he gave everyone "some good speed" instead.
- Also, during the party scene, Divine and a party guest are shown doing poppers.