YMMV: Nick Arcade
- Bile Fascination / Just Here for Godzilla: The high failure rate of the Video Challenges, evident since they make up the majority of the main game.
- Ear Worm: Admit it, Mikey's moving cue was in your head before you even clicked the link.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The exact premise of the Video Challenges would be reproduced over two decades later in NES Remix. The hilarious part is that the latter involves the one company whose consoles/games were never on the show.
- Scrub: Some of the players just look like they haven't even touched a video game controller before.
- What an Idiot:
"Mikey's moving right... Oh, he can't move right! He's at the edge."
- Seriously, gathering 10-20 rings in 30 seconds in Green Hill Zone shouldn't be that hard no matter how old you are. You can pretty much get it by accident just by holding Right...
- The few contestants who were stupid enough to go backwards on the board and activate the "Time Bomb", where they would have to pong-spell a word in ten seconds with each other to keep control of the board.
- Some are even stupid enough to try to move in a direction they can't even go.
- Upon being asked the question "How much does an ounce of gold weigh?", one team responded with "14 ounces".
- One kid did an Arsenio Hall-esque "whoop-whoop" arm motion throughout the game to pump himself up and make himself look foolish. He continued doing this even as he and his teammate went down in a flaming sub-50 point defeat at the hands of the red team.
- Whoever wrote that question about Misery. Seriously, who in the right mind would expect a typical child to correctly answer a question about an R-rated film adaptation of a Stephen King novel?
- On the Clarissa Explains It All special, one of the video puzzles was to predict how many bricks out of 35 a Taekwondo expert could break in a minute. The yellow team's prediction? 58.
- 95% of the contestants had played terribly. Enjoy a montage of the show's classic failures.