- Crowning Music of Awesome: Mike's epic hopscotch moves in "A Boy's Game", complete with a hip-hop rendition of the show's stock music.
- "Keep On Movin'" from Roller Madness.
- Ear Worm: "All on the island where nobody goes."
- "Gotta keep on movin'"
- "All on the good ship Betty Anne"
- Some of the custom end credits themes sung by the characters can be this. An example is Mike's "Island Ways".
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Hermione
- Genius Bonus: In "Tea For Three", Mike recognizes the song Queeks is whistling in his sleep as Tea For Two. Like any kid today would know that song.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The show got better treatment in Australia and Latin America than it did in America (or anywhere else in the world).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Brian George was the voice of the Cuzzlewitz tribe member Haggis, who shares his name with a Scottish delicacy. After Mike, Lu & Og ended, Brian George would later voice two Disney villains that happened to be Scottish; Duff Killigan in Kim Possible and replacing the late Hal Smith as Flintheart Glomgold in the DuckTales video game remake DuckTales: Remastered.
- My Real Daddy: It's a debate on which of the three credited creators deserved more credit. Chuck Swenson gets the most recognition, as he created the characters and most of the stories, while Mikhail Shindel created the designs and atmosphere and Mikhail Shindel headed production on the show.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Opposites Attack". Og is driven insane by all the demands for his inventions and builds robots to attack everyone. Luckily, he snaps out of it, barely saving Mike from getting drilled in the eye!
"No room for yooooou!"
- In "Hot Dog", Mike's obsession with hot dogs got so out of hand, she started seeing everyone and everything as hotdogs.
- Lu's Nightmare Sequence from "The Three Amigas".
- So Okay, It's Average: Easily the most forgettable of the Cartoon Cartoons, but manages to be a fairly watchable show nonetheless. The fact that it's probably the shortest runner of the Cartoon Cartoons has less to do with its own quality and more to do with the fact that it debuted alongside, and was immediately overshadowed by Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- Squick: Let's not forget the time when Og went naked in "Hot Couture" during the fashion show. Everyone applauded, but Mike was seriously grossed out.
- Tear Jerker:
Mike: This stinks. Everybody's got a buddy on this island except me. Some exchange student. I could've picked France but no, I had to pick a lost island with six people. I've never been blown off by a goat before.
- Mike lamenting her lack of personal companions in "Palm Pet".
Margery: I made your favorite dessert. (realizes what she just said; bursts into tears)
- "Fathers And Pies", when Alfred and Margery believe Og's been turned into a pie. They then try to act as if nothing's happened to spare "Og's" feelings.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: What would you expect, with a girl named Mike?