Characters: Mike, Lu & Og
Michelanne "Mike" Mazinsky
Voiced by: Nika Frost
Mike is a streetwise girl from Manhattan who became a foreign exchange student and was sent to the secluded island of Albonquetine. She often leads the charge to create creature comforts from her civilized home, while at other times, she gets stuck in the middle of one of the island's wacky traditions.
- Alliterative Name
- Berserk Button: Don't call her by her real name!
- City Mouse
- Deadpan Snarker
- Does Not Like Shoes: Ironic, isn't it?
- Fiery Redhead: Subverted. She's mostly laid back, but it is possible to drive her over the edge.
- Foreign Exchange Student
- Genki Girl: Occasionally.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Limited Wardrobe: "Hot Couture" reveals that she has an entire closet full of red shirts and skirts.
- Also in "Flustering Footwear Flotsam", Mike reveals she has multiple pairs of red sneakers.
- The One Who Wears Shoes
- Only Sane Man
- Plucky Girl
- Primal Fear: Spiders.
- Red-Headed Hero
- Same Clothes, Different Year: As seen in a flashback◊ in "Flustering Footwear Flotsam".
- Sanity Slippage: "Sultans Of Swat"
Voiced by: Nancy Cartwright
"Princess" Lu is a self-absorbed Spoiled Brat who is bossy to everyone and demands that her "peasants" obey her every command.
- Alpha Bitch
- And Call Him George: Acts this way to lancelot.
- Attention Whore
- Big Eater: Once became addicted to jumbo-sized "jujubombs". She even swallowed them whole!
- Black Hole Belly: You can see the Jujubombs travel down her throat, but when they get to her torso the large lump just disappears.
- Butt Monkey
- Catch Phrase: "LANCELOOOOT!!!"
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Only appears in "Repeat After Me".
- Even Evil Has Standards: For the brat she is, even she can't stand her deceased Aunt Lulu. Then again, it could be a case of who's bossing who around.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: In her mind at least.
- Jerkass: She has a few Jerk with a Heart of Gold moments, but these are far and in-between.
- Kick The Turtle: Dishes these out frequently, usually to her pet turtle Lancelot.
- Large Ham
- Missing Mom: Her mother has not been seen or mentioned.
- Royal Brat
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!
- Spoiled Brat
- Taken for Granite: Encased in a candy mold at the end of "Jujubombs". Not that she didn't like it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly girl to Mike's Tomboy
Voiced by: Dee Bradley Baker
A soft-spoken Child Prodigy who often creates inventions and recreated things Mike misses about the big city.
- Character Tic: He flicks his nosering whenever he gets an idea to build something.
- Child Prodigy
- Idiot Hair: Once when a parrot made fun of his hairdo, Og felt embarrassed and showed up with a new do near the end.
- Mad Scientist
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: The Feminine boy to Mike's Masculine Girl.
- The Quiet One
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Smart Guy
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Speaks to the Philisophical Society when no one else is around.
- Super OCD: "Hot Dog"
- Vague Age: According to Cartoon network's website in 1999, Og is stated to be five. However, "The Great Snipe Hunt" takes place on Og's seventh birthday. Yet, he's around the same size as ten-year-old Lu.
Voiced by: Martin Rayner
Og's father and a dedicated hunter who usually chases a wombat.
- Anime Hair
- Bumbling Dad
- Egomaniac Hunter
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Heck, he pretty much a British version of Elmer Fudd.
- Gag Nose
- Heroic BSOD: After the wombat humiliates him in "The Hunter And The Hunted". He snaps out of it when he sucessfully catches the wombat (which was all part of a secret deal between Mike and the wombat).
- And in "Flustering Footwear Flotsam" when he sucessfuly catches the wombat.
- Papa Wolf: See "Losing Lancelot"
Voiced by: Kath Soucie
Og's mother and talented artist, historian, and chef.
- '80s Hair
- Haz Mat Suit: Briefly in "Thanks But No Thanks".
- Hypno Fool: One episode had her on the receiving end of Og's hypnosis invention and as a result, thought she was a duck.
- Large Ham: Often when writing or explaining about the island's ancestors.
- Let's Get Dangerous: When she leaps into the debate/wrestling match in "A Freudian Split".
- Spot of Tea: From the island's prized teacup salvaged from the wreckage of the Good Ship Betty Anne.
- Starving Artist: Creating things from shoe portraits to "negative space" from hot dogs to Mount Rushmore-style carvings.
- Supreme Chef
Voiced by: S. Scott Bullock
Lu's father and governor of the island
- Big Eater: Once after becoming physically fit, he gorged on chocolate nonstop and returned to his old physique in two days.
- Bumbling Dad
- Camp Straight
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Once developed a muscular physique and had the strength to lift elephants.
- Cowardly Lion
- Fat Idiot
- Large Ham
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His voices is based on that of Kenneth Williams.
Voiced by: Corey Burton
The island's old witch doctor and soothsayer.
- Badass Grandpa
- For the Lulz: Once hypnotized Wendell because he thought it was funny to see him act like a chicken.
- Grumpy Old Man
- Not So Above It All: Even he can become a slave to trends.
- Only Sane Man
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior
- Surrounded by Idiots: "Why must you punish me so?"
- Unstoppable Rage: When he gets upset upset, things tend to turn ugly.
- Verbal Tic: "...what-what".
- Witch Doctor
Lu's long-suffering pet land turtle.
- All Animals Are Dogs: Lu walks him on a leash.
- Butt Monkey
- The Chew Toy
- Only Sane Reptile
- Right-Hand Turtle
Philisophical SocietyOg's talking animal friends who often discuss philosophy. Made up of Goat, Pig, and Spiney.
- Cowardly Lion: Spiney.
- A Dog Named Dog: Goat and Pig. Averted with Spiney (a porcupine).
- Intellectual Animal
- Misplaced Wildlife
- Nietzsche Wannabe: They're rather fond of discussing the Trope Namer.
- Odd Name Out: Spiney.
PiratesThe descendants of the pirates who shipwrecked the island's ancestors, the captain, mate and bos'n live on a small section of the island called "The Barnacle". They crave to turn Lancelot into turtle soup.
- Creppy Crossdressers: When Mike disguises them in "Thanks But No Thanks".
- Early-Bird Cameo: Had a cameo in "Palm Pet" before making their first formal appearance in "Yo Ho Who".
- Eyepatch of Power: The captain has patches over both eyes. And two peglegs.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villains
The Cuzzlewitz clan live on the other side of the island and tend to be more primitive and wild than their refined neighbors. Suprisingly, their number is larger than the Albonquetine clan.
Haggis & Baggis
Voiced by: Brain George (Haggis), S. Scott Bullock (Baggis)
Voiced by: Alison LarkinUnlike the other Cuzzlewitz, the older sister of Haggis & Baggis is more cultured, speaks in complete sentences, and gets along better with the others.