- Base Breaker: Meshuggah's music. Lets just leave it at that.
- The debate between whether the original or reissue versions of Nothing are better than the other.
- The bigger debate surrounding whether they influenced djent or not, again leave it at that.
- Creepy Awesome: Is their music bizarre and terrifying? Yes, but is it awesome? Also yes.
- The dissonant guitar riff just before the Dark Ambient/Drone section in the song, "Elastic," is practically hell in a guitar riff, but damn does it sound good.
- Crowning Music of Awesome - Metal fans with a keen on technical stuff adore this band. "I", "New Millennium Cyanide Christ", "Bleed", etc....
- Epic Riff: Every single one. The ones from "Demiurge", off the Koloss album, in particular, are easily memorable.
- Face of the Band: Arguably either Fredrik or Tomas. Jens is also a good contender.
- Fandom Rivalry: With Gojira, although most would say it's a Friendly Rivalry.
- Growing the Beard: Many fans consider their first album to be little more than a dirtier version of Metallica and see Destroy Erase Improve the album when they really came into their own.
- Magnum Opus: Many, if not most fans say obZen. Koloss, with its organic feel and dense, epic sound, is a close second. Chaosphere is in third, as it is the album that solidified the band's current sound.
- Memetic Mutation: The face Jens◊ makes has been coined the, "Meshuggah Face."
- Mondegreen: I. LIKE. JUICE!! from "Rational Gaze"
I love porno, look at me get hard, vacuum up, that shit, celery, tin Letters
- Also, "STEEEEEEEEERIIIING!! VEEEEEEEEEEERRING!! SAAAAAAAAVE THE GAAAAAME!! SAAAAAAAAVE THE GAME!", in the post-solo shrieked vocal section from "Future Breed Machine"
- There are whole videos out there, dedicated to these in Meshuggah's music.
- From "Dehumanization": "SQUIDWARD!"
- There's an incredibly long, and hilarious, one of "New Millennium Cyanide Christ"
I rearrange my pathetic tissue, my insides, I replace, SIAMESE PORN
I eradicate the pre-pubescent me, elevate me to ohio. You mad Thor?
the carrot curse I am, made into a word called, "fee-fala-feefa-yo-rah"
Sam will take off the shorts, God replace my throat with farts
AN OREO!! Beating offs like jabbing glass into my body
- Nightmare Fuel - They have their own page.
- The video for "Bleed".
- The lyrics to a lot of their songs are also terrifying, particularly the lyrics to "In Death - Is Death" and "New Millennium Cyanide Christ."
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Metal blog Metal Sucks is already speculating that Koloss, in the post-djent metal scene will suffer from this. It did suffer from some backlash but was generally praised by both fans and critics.
- Signature Song: "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" and/or "Bleed".
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Some older fans didn't really like the post-Chaosphere releases, as they felt that the band lost much of their musical aggression with their greater focus on slower, Pantera-esque tracks. Nothing and Catch Thirtythree, in particular, get hit by this sentiment the most.