YMMV: King's Quest IV: The Perils Of Rosella
- Anti-Climax Boss: When you're told to find Pandora's Box, a seemingly unrelated quest will send you into a tomb where it's located on the far side from the entrance. Halfway across the room, you're attacked by a mummy! Which is instantly repelled by the amulet you've been using to repel zombies for the last half hour, and never shows up again.
- Awesome Music: Stuart Goldstein's soundtrack, which was a showcase for what those newfangled sound cards could do. Don't you wish you had an MT-32?
- Executive Meddling: Subverted, the "Rap Easter Egg" in the AGI version cheekily sings lyrics about Roberta Williams being this.
- Nightmare Fuel: This one and King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow are considered scariest.
- In universe example: When you think about it, the Seven Dwarves live about 10 feet south of a haunted mansion that has Zombies appearing at night, and also nearby a house of murderous ogres, and also nearby a forest of murderous trees. These guys need a break.
- Unwinnable by Insanity: Eating the magic fruit you were suppose to use to save you father's life. If you saved Genesta, she'll return you home in time to watch your father pass away.