Tropers Online: 7,433
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: It Happened One Night
- Ear Worm: The bus singalong of "The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze."
- Funny Moments: "QUIT BAWLIN'! QUIT BAWLIN'!!"
- Peter's Epic Fail at hitchhiking. By the end he gives up and gives a rude gesture to the last couple cars.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: This codified (if not invented) most of the tropes associated with romantic comedies, which doesn't occur to people who complain how cliched it is.
- Values Dissonance: Peter opines to Ellie's father that she should perhaps be "slapped around a little", which doesn't affect her father's view of Peter at all (probably because it's entirely unclear whether he's serious, being hyperbolic in his frustration, or metaphorically saying that she needs more structure in her life).