YMMV: House of Leaves
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Johnny's digressions about his and Lude's sexual exploits can seem kind of pointless. Alternately, some readers will find everything about Johnny kind of pointless.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: The book can be seen as a straight use and alternatively as a parody.
- Genius Bonus: A brief section of musical notation is printed late in the book. It is the first line of the refrain of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home", otherwise known as "The Ants Go Marching One by One".
- Idiot Plot: They really should've just moved out once hallways starting appearing out of nowhere.
- Paranoia Fuel: This book will make you terrified of the dark.