- Alternative Character Interpretation: Rev. Zombie. The twist in part II is that Zombie organized the entire expedition to kill off the last two people alive who had a part in Victor Crowley's death, hoping this will put his spirit to rest. This, in turn, will allow him to run tours in the swamp again. In short, he's a grade-A Jerk Ass who knowingly got a ton of people killed for the sake of his business. But when he tells Marybeth the story of Victor Crowley, and tells her he's sorry for the death of her father and brother, he sounds very genuine, and even sheds a tear. It's possible the expedition was also driven by a genuine desire to rid the swamp of Crowley for good.
- Ensemble Darkhorse:
- Amanda Pearlman from Hatchet III. Fans were not pleased when she was brutally slaughtered by Victor Crowley.
- Perry Shen's characters (all three of them) count as well.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The boat crash is reminiscent of the 2007 giant alligator film Rogue.
- Les Yay
- Moral Event Horizon: Reverend Zombie trapping Bob with Victor and then attempting to kill Marybeth in the second film.
- Narm: Danielle Harris' attempt at a Southern accent in II.
- II was met with rather lukewarm reception.
- Averted with III. Maybe.
- The Woobie: Marybeth. And there's also Victor himself.