- Funny Moments:
- Moment of Awesome:
- Carlito taking down a group of mooks with a pool cue and managing to convince them he's reloaded after running out of ammo.
- The entire hospital confrontation culminating in Carlito taking the bullets out of Dave's gun and allowing him to get killed by Vinny.
- Moral Event Horizon: (Carlito, from narration:) There's a line you cross, you don't never come back from. Point of no return. Dave crossed it. I'm here with him. That means I'm going along for the ride, the whole ride. All the way to the end of the line, wherever that is.
- One-Scene Wonder: Viggo Mortensen as the wheelchair-bound Lalin.
- Tear Jerker: Although a foregone conclusion already, Carlito gets shot just before he makes it with Gail on the train.
Tired, baby. Tired.
- Vindicated by History: As is so often the case with Brian De Palma, this films was pretty much shrugged off and dismissed when it came out. It's now widely regarded as one of his masterpieces, alongside Blow Out and Scarface (1983).
- Wangst: Everyone. Kleinfeld in particular.
- Wheelchair Woobie: Lalín, blackly introduced as a "stand-up guy".