YMMV: Ansem Retort
- Cargo Ship:
Marluxia: Is Larxene grinding with a toaster?Darth Maul: Man, Skull-Fucky is going to be piiiiiissed.
- Crazy Awesome
- Crosses the Line Twice: The entire webcomic, but especially anything that Axel does.
Axel: But really, is drowning a kid in tequila such a crime?
Axel: I am going to GAS YOU in our new SEX SHOWER! Alienated enough yet, Jewy-McJew-Boy?
- In a guest comic, when Darth Maul (remember, he's Jewish) objects to using the term 'christening':
- "EAT MY ABORTION!"
- Shortly after the Aurora Theatre Shooting, the comic jokes about an army of potential Batmen being created from the tragedy. Ironically, Duke stopped updating the comic shortly afterwards.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: There's none in the comic itself, but Duke's posts commemorating the comic's anniversary are quite touching as he thanks all his fans for being the reason he keeps at it.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Zexion. Originally intended as a Straight Man to Axel and Marluxia, his evolution into the king of all jerkasses lead to Season 3 being focused almost entirely on him. He's now, arguably, the most popular character in the strip. A side effect of the increased focus on Zexion was Marluxia's demotion to extra for about half the strip's run.
- Entry Pimp: There was a time where virtually every trope page had a link to a particular strip of this comic.
- Epileptic Trees: Kairi actually killed a demon by telling it about one she has about Cloud and Squall.
- Fridge Brilliance: What does Aerith even see in Axel? Well, this strip implies Interplay of Sex and Violence...
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In comic 361 Aerith's thoughts involve "claiming" Axel before a "black-haired slut with fake boobs tries to steal him." And this strip came out before 358/2 Days, with Xion. Who is black-haired. And occasionally has fake boobs, and other times has none. And is sometimes (albeit very rarely) thought of as potential Shipping material with Axel.
- Magnificent Bastard: Lampshaded with a Shout-Out:
Zexion: ''In terms of how intricate and the ruthlessness of this plan, between one Michael Corleone and five Michael Corleones: I give this plan: 4.5 Michael Corleones.
- Misaimed Fandom: Axel asking Aerith to marry him at the end of Season Four is not supposed to be a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming. You are not supposed to fall out of your seat and Squee. Some merrily ignore that, although the moment is, well, just a moment.
- Memetic Badass: "This is the story where Andrew Jackson... FUCKS SHIT UP!"