406. Miko Miyazaki decides that Lord Shojo is guilty of treason and executes him. Next strip she's not The Paladin any more, as the Twelve Gods personally stripped her of her status for murdering her lord.
443. Xykon kills Roy, though he eventually comes back.
672. In the conclusion to the fourth story arc, Blackwing, Vaarsuvius' familiar reveals what he saw within the rift: a planet. Not the Snarl, which is supposed to be the overarching manifestation of chaos doomed to unmake the world (although it's not incredible to discount it still being omnipresent in a way we've yet to understand), but a lone planet.
759. Knocking off Elan's rose tinted glasses takes a big punch, but his dad delivers.
830. Redcloak reveals his plan, is elevated to new levels of awesome... and offs a recurring villain in the comic.
842. Familicide is revealed to have a direct and devastating effect on the plot, and on V's character arc.