The Miniavengers (Les Minijusticiers
) is a cartoon created by Zep, the creator of Titeuf
, and Hélène Bruller. The story is simple: a city with children who are represented by animals
, each with a fault
(laziness, stutters, small, big, mischievous, discreet ...) which will become a super power
. At the end of each episode, they give the audience a little advice
...Their slogan is "Great default but max power".
Most tropes can be found on the character page
This cartoon provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Every character has their own episode centred around their grievences with their main fault.
- Adults Are Useless: Do we ever see them do anything?
- Author Appeal: Zep sure likes pigs, doesn't he.
- A Wizard Did It: It is never explained how the kids get their powers.
- Star Power: In the half-hour special, its revealed that the power comes from a magical star.
- Badass Adorable: Some of the kids get pretty cool powers (Simon for example) and look both cool and cute using them.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Read the description.
- Brought Down to Normal: As soon as the super powered kid learns their lesson, their power vanishes along with all the effects it had.
- Depending on the Writer: Which of the kids (excluding the focus character) are nice and which are little jerks.
- Fatal Flaw: Every character has one.
- Gang Of Bullies: The antagonists.
- Growing Muscles Sequence: When a kid gets their super power, their bodies buff up to an absolutely absurd degree, until they're bigger than the Earth itself. Fortunately the sequence reverses soon afterwards, or the series would end up being something else entirely.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The English dub (thats right, it exists) uses the same voice cast as Code Lyoko. Jimmy, for example, is voiced by Matthew Gezecky, who voiced Odd.
- Kids Are Cruel: Although it varies as to exactly which kids are cruel.
- Lighter and Softer: This series is a lot more kid-friendly than Zep's other works.
- No Antagonist: The closest thing to actual villains in he show are Big Wolf and Sasha
- Personality Powers: The superpower a kid gets is related to their personal fault.
- Petting Zoo People: The entire cast.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Most of the cast, excluding the bullies. Yvon's◊ a good example.
- Rule of Three: Yvon and Rock both have to say "Small small small" and "Big big big" to activate their respective powers.
- Super Powers for a Day: See Brought Down to Normal.
- The Other Darrin: Various characters voices change from episode to episode.