An Original Movie!Chill Out, Scooby-Doo!
is the eleventh Scooby-Doo Direct-to-Video
film produced by Warner Bros. Animation
and the final Scooby-Doo project involving Joseph Barbera
before his death.
The gang tries taking a vacation to Paris, but Scooby and Shaggy accidentally get on the wrong plane. Still thinking they’re going to Paris, Alphonse LaFleur, a famous French hunter and trapper, plans on capturing the Abominable Snowman, and using Shaggy and Scooby as bait. After locking them up with his equipment, LaFleur drops Shaggy and Scooby off the plane. Realizing they're not going to Paris, Shaggy briefly manages a phone call to Fred before his phone dies.
Fred manages to pinpoint their location with his new phone's GPS, and they head off to the Himalayas. Meanwhile, Shaggy and Scooby land near a small village where they find two men, Professor Jeffries and Pembra. Scooby and Shaggy learn that the only way to call their friends is from a weather station at the top of the mountain, and Jeffries and Pembra agree to accompany them on their mission. And so, they set out to climb the mountain with an Abominable Snowman on the loose.
This film provides examples of the following Tropes:
- Actor Allusion: While messing around in the DJ studio, Shaggy tries his hand at it. His VA Casey Kasem of course is well known for being a famous radio DJ.
- Big Eater: Scooby and Shaggy.
- Continuity Nod: Del Chillman from Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster returns, having given up on Nessie and moved to the Himalayas where he became the mountain's DJ much to Shaggy and Scooby's happy surprise.
- Covers Always Lie: Velma, Daphne, and Freddy never snowboard once in the entire movie.
- Here We Go Again: At the end of the movie, everyone besides Fred is at the same cafe in Paris when they get a phone call. Fred has somehow ended up in the Amazon. The gang runs off to save him while yelling something along these lines.
- Shangri-La: Shaggy and Scooby end up here after escaping from the Abominable Snowman.