Care Bears Nutcracker Suite
(1988) is the fourth film of the Care Bears
. It was aired as a TV special, after the third film, The Care Bears: Adventure in Wonderland
, flopped in theatres.
This film is yet another version of The Nutcracker
. The film's title is wrong; the term "Nutcracker Suite" properly refers to only the music from the The Nutcracker
ballet. This Care Bears film does use the Nutcracker Suite as Background Music
Care Bears Nutcracker Suite provides examples of:
- Captain Ersatz:
- The Rat King is another copy of Beastly. He shares Beastly's voice and general characterization.
- The vizier is basically the Wizard from The Care Bears: Adventure in Wonderland, minus the same voice actor (and only marginally more menacing).
- Damsel in Distress: The sugar plum fairy is the vizier's captive for most of the film.
- Evil Chancellor: The vizier. He's the Big Bad who wants to take over Toy Land and ruin Christmas.
- It Runs on Nonsensoleum: The toy train runs on candy.
- Narrator All Along: Miss Walker is revealed at the end to be an adult Anna.
- Plot Coupon: The Prince's ring. It has the magic power to instantly fix Toy Land as soon as the prince takes it back before the vizier can find it.
- Santa Clausmas: The story is about saving Christmas, but no one mentions Jesus.
- Saving Christmas: If the villain wrecks Toy Land, then cancel Christmas!
- Taken for Granite: A variation done with wood rather than stone. This happens to nearly all the Care Bears in the film's climax.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: The vizier is trying to do this - all he needs is the ring that belongs to the rightful ruler of Toyland.