Western Animation / Bump
Bump is a cartoon for children by CMTB Animation (who also made The Trap Door
and Stoppit And Tidyup
), which was broadcast between 1990 and 1996, with a Christmas Special
The cartoon is all about an elephant called Bump and a bird called Birdie
, who live in a surreal world together with their friends.
The Title Theme Tune
was sung by Steve Augrade, with his son. Only 26 episodes were made
, but there was a Christmas Special
in 1995 called Bump's Christmas Story. The series was narrated by Simon Cadell, who also appeared in Hi-de-Hi!
- Butt-Monkey: Bump.
- Christmas Special: Bump's Christmas Story. Bump's adventures normally involve such simple delights as treading in rabbit burrows, losing buttons, or trying to help folks out. But in 1995 he had a bigger adventure which took twice as long to tell. "Bump's Christmas Story" was a ten minute tale in which Bump headed for the North Pole to see Santa Claus. But on the way, he meets a snowman who convinces him that Christmas might never actually happen...
- A Dog Named "Dog": Birdie.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Bump is in every title with no exceptions!
- Massive Multi Player Crossover: Bump appeared in one children's compilation for charity, and that's Upside Down Friend in NSPCC Children's TV Favourites Volume 2.
- Short Runner: Only 26 episodes were made, like Huxley Pig.
- The Unintelligible: All the characters speak in MIDI, except for the narrator.
- Title Theme Tune: "Bump, bump, bumpity, bump. BUMP!" Sung by Steve Augrade and his son.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: This show isn't safe from this trope!