Contributors of the Site
- The Punchline
- Team Yume
- That Long Haired Creepy Guy
- Decker Shado
- The Cartoon Hero
- Lotus Prince
- Big Black Hat Man
- Hedonistic Actor
- Tv Trash
- Antoni Garcia
- Chiltons Media Blitz
- Michael The Comic Nerd
- Soda Pop Theater
- Lets Talk About Hockey
- James Corner
- The Sabotage Show
- Shinta Reviews
- The Cartoon Physicist
- The Literary Lair
Tropes pertaining to active members of the site
- Adorkable: Just about everyone one on the site.
- The Ace: Mr Smooth.
- Author Appeal: Ryan McCarthy is really into beautiful, paint-like or anime-like art styles if his video game reviews are to be believed.
- Awesome Aussie: Atreyu
- Baldof Awesome: Les.
- Badass Beard: Big Black Hat Man and That Long Haired Creepy Guy.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The Man With No Chin. Claims it's because of all the drugs he does. Also The Other Dude 92, to a lesser degree.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Everyone on the site swears to varying degrees (though a few prefer the Precision F-Strike), but Some Jerk From Boston is really an artist when it comes to it. The Lava Buster also has quite the foul mouth.
- Notably averted with the Comic Strip Critic, whose worst swear so far has been "What the hell is the matter with you?"
- Cool Old Guy: Les.
- Crossesthe Line Twice/ Refugein Audacity: MR Smooth's style of humor.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The Movie Explorerís brother Oscar is always shown in sepia-tone with fake film-damage. Lampshaded in this video.
- Depraved Bisexual: That Long Haired Creepy Guy and also MR Smooth. Also Other Dude 92 whenever he's on the Manic Expression Digression Session podcast.
- Deadpan Snarker: Everyone on the site has their moments of snarkiness, with Some Jerk From Boston and The Other Dude 92 being notable snarkers.
- Dead Baby Comedy: Other Dude 92 has at times partaken in this particular brand of humor.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: MR Smooth, in spades.
- Ho Yay: Played with in crossovers between Decker Shado and That Long Haired Creepy Guy.
- Involuntary Dance: Decker Shado is forced into an Eighties-style dance number in the park by a movie with an incessantly repeated song.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: While not exactly a load of characters, Big Black Hat Man does tends to play quite a few different characters on and off his main show, Western Thought. For Western Thought there's Buck, Goof Ball, and Snively Bodumfeder A.K.A Bottom Feeder. And then there's the host of Behind The Webcam, Wallace A Bifdt von Huphle the fourth, who has made the most appearances out of all BBHM's characters.
- Nice Hat: Big Black Hat Man, of course. Gurning Chimp also has a pretty nice one, and so does Timdiana.
- Old Shame: For Hedonistic Actor it's the comic he made when he was younger. He now has a show on the site for the specific purpose of pointing out everything that was wrong with it.
- Mr.Aspiring Actor doesn't care for his show, Mr.Aspiring Actor presents, even to the point where he re-named some of his episodes "Crappy Reviews".
- Older Than They Look: MR Smooth, who claims to actually be in his eighties.
- Oop North: Gurning Chimp, who hails from Salford, England.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Every admin on the site is pretty nice and reasonable, but Les and site owner James Walsh stand out.
- Self-Deprecation: As he likes to point out with his name, The Man With No Chin suffers from a lack of a chin, or at least one that's very small and recessed.
- Talking to Himself: The Movie Explorer, his brother Oscar (and his four children), his camera operator Liza and Colonel Weatherballoon are all portrayed/voiced by the same man.
- Team Mom: The Fanfic Critic.
- Those Two Guys: The Other Dude 92 and The Man With No Chin.
- The Casanova: MR Smooth, all the way (no pun intended).
- Vitriolic Best Buds: The Other Dude 92 and The Man With No Chin.
- Verbal Tic: For Les it's using the word peace at the end of all his messages. Also doubles as his catch phrase.
- Villain Protagonist: DR Holocaust for his show, and Holl E Woods plans to play one for his upcoming show.
Fixtures of the site
- The Manic Expression Digression Session Podcast:
Site Projects and Collaborations
- The Podcast Plays:
Audio plays created by members of Manic Expression, with genres ranging from anywhere to drama, horror, or comedy.
A Documentary about Manic Expression featuring various contributors to the site. It unfortunately attracted a lot of trolls and was so poorly received that ratings were disabled.
A collaborative indy horror film made by Fusionater featuring various contributors to the site.
A collection of skits made by various contributors to the site.
- Manic Expression the Movie
An animated indy film featuring various contributors to the site which in spite of a failed Indiegogo campaign is currently in production.