Webcomic / The Only Half Saga
In a post-nuclear world, the supernatural have finally made their presence known. The Only Half Saga is an urban fantasy webcomic about a Catholic dhampyr
named Cabal on a quest for revenge in a post-apocalyptic United States
Read the webcomic here
This webcomic contains examples of
- Antagonistic Offspring: Sagria is unique and powerful, knows it, and is totally bored out of her skull by not being the hunter.
- Badass Longcoat: Cabal is definitely guilty of this, at least earlier in the comic.
- Blood-Splattered Wedding Dress: Not a wedding dress, but Lorna sure doesn’t skimp on the blood-splattered dress here.
- Dhampyr: Cabal and Garrett are both only half vampire, hence the comic name. Of course full blood vampires reallllly don’t like dhampirs.
- Emerald Power: Garret is a warlock and can cast magic; of course it glows green because green is power.
- Emergency Transformation: Blaine is dying, and not ready to die in his lover’s arms so what else is Lorna to do?
- Give Him a Normal Life: Cabal and Miranda hid the whole truth to try give Sagria a shot at growing up normal. Of course it backfires.
- Healing Hands: Miranda has a talent for this within certain limitations. She can only heal open wounds, not scars.
- Male Frontal Nudity: Why yes, the men get naked too.
- Super Powerful Genetics: Sagria.
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: Only Half skirts the line between this and an urban fantasy setting, but with cybernetics and fancy technology, oh, and the post nuclear war and kittens being dead forever in an otherwise familiar setting, there’s definitely a good splash of this along with the vampires and gothic horror. Of course there’s also a lot of overlap with Post-Cyberpunk.
- Vegetarian Vampire: It definitely wasn’t always that way, but at least now, there’s “Salvation”, a blood substitute, so vampires can live perfectly fine undercover without having to hunt. But of course that’d be boring...