Webcomic / The MLP Project
A webcomic style story written and drawn by ~Metal-Kitty on Deviantart, based on the characters of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
. After Celestia
reveals what is seemingly a false alarm, the Main Six return to Ponyville only for Twilight
to be haunted by a demonic looking foe in her dreams. After a week of sleep deprivation, Twilight turns to Fluttershy
for help, only to be assaulted later that night by the creature from her nightmares, later revealed to be a unicorn named Starflare. While Twilight is resting in the hospital, the plot unfolds that Starflare is after an evil artifact simply known as: “The Dark Crown”. While the characters and concepts are overall faithful to the show, the webcomic itself contains gore, violence, and even onscreen Character Death
The first strip is right here.http://metal-kitty.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Project-Page-01-326914414
A couple comments contain links to the next page, and later on, ~Metal-Kitty installs links himself.
WARNING: This page is heavily outdated, and requires updates.
This show contains examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fluttershy. Sweet, gentle and extremely timid, but upon seeing Twilight being beaten to death by a nightmarish looking assailant, she snatches up a club and breaks it over the assailants head, ORDERING him to back off! Twilight then returns the favor when Fluttershy is about to get impaled for her trouble.
- Big Brother Instinct:
- Shining Armor. In his own words, mess with his little sister and only the sound of your final breath with snap him out of his rage.
- Don’t try to hurt Applejack in front of Macintosh.
- Big Damn Heroes: Fluttershy rescues Twilight just as Starflare is about to finish her. Twilight then returns the favor. Later on, Applejack and Rainbow Dash pull this for Twilight and Fluttershy.
- Boom, Headshot: Celestia does this to Starflare.
- Broken Bird: This happens to Rainbow Dash after losing her good friend Twilight and her eyesight, and as a result her dreams and future. She gets better thanks to Zecora.
- Cloud Cuckoolander:
- Pinkie Pie, as per canon.
- Macintosh. “This ain’t even mah final form!”
- Cradling Their Kill: Celestia, after taking out Starflare, wraps his body in her hooves and weeps for the sweet, innocent colt he used to be
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash had no chance against Starflare.
- Curse Cut Short: Rainbow Dash was going to say "badass" before Applejack thumped her in the chest to stop her.
- Darker and Edgier: There's a lot more violence here than in canon and some of it is graphic.
- Damsel out of Distress: Celestia. Pummel and imprison her? She’ll feign weakness until you get too close, and then she’ll go for your throat. Chain up her wings? She’ll dislocate her wings to slip out. Drop your guard around her when she realizes you’re beyond redemption? Boom, Headshot.
- Dead All Along: Starflare is already dead. The one we see is a Changeling.
- Despair Speech: Pinkie, after Twilight’s funeral and losing a fight against her assailant, goes off the deep end. Fluttershy pulls her out of it
- Eyepatch of Power: Fluttershy wears one briefly to hide the shiner that Starflare gave her, further proving that she is THE Badass Adorable of the group.
- Face–Heel Turn: Starflare wasn't always evil. He used to be on good terms with Celestia.
- Handicapped Badass: Buckshot. Despite his hornless appearance, he's a unicorn.
- Hard Head: Pinkie knocks down the much larger Bruno by headbutting him!
- Headbutt of Love: In a flashback, Celestia nuzzles filly Twilight after barely pulling her back from the brink of death.
- It Always Rains at Funerals: Twilight’s funeral was appropriately gloomy. Justified, as Pegasi in Equestria can control the weather, and there’s no way the others would have allowed the event to have a cheerful atmosphere.
- It's Personal: Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie when they meet Starflare and Fluttershy identifies him as the one who attacked Twilight.
- It's All My Fault: Spike blames himself and the argument he had with Twilight, claiming it caused her body to give out on her. He’s wrong, but grief does that to you. Celestia blames herself for Starflare attempting (but fortunately failing) to drain Twilight’s life force to make the Dark Crown.
- Kick the Dog: Starflare telling Celestia that her beloved student Twilight is dead...in the form of a deliberately failed joke.
- Killed Off for Real:
- Starflare's head is blown off by Celestia. He's not coming back from that.
- Twilight is severely injured, the doctors declare her dead and Celestia vaporizes her coffin, but she was only Faking the Dead so the example doesn't count.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Pinkie Pie dodges a Speech Bubble at one point.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- Starflare implies this while standing in Twilight’s library after her funeral. Then the rest of the Mane Six walk in to confront the intruder, breaking his thought process.
- The real Starflare committed suicide a long time ago out of shame for his actions.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Starflare delivers one to Twilight while she’s too sleep deprived to defend herself.
- Not So Stoic: Celestia breaks down over Twilight several times.
- Offhand Backhand: Rainbow Dash does this during a bar fight with her wings.
- Oh Crap!: A comedic version, Rainbow Dash has one when she finally pushes Applejack’s buttons one time too many. Shining has a non-comedic version when Buckshot tells him the “bombs” Starflare mentioned are actually the hypnotized citizens of Canterlot…whom Shining evacuated across Equestria
- Only Sane Man: Fluttershy and Macintosh are the only ones willing to consider Twilight’s side of the story at first.
- Ow, My Body Part!: Twilight, waking up in the hospital: “Mmh…my…every-thing…”
- Pet the Dog: Buckshot telling Starlight that her father, Starflare, would have given anything to know she existed.
- Please Wake Up: Spike to Twilight after the doctors finally surrender in their efforts to save her.
- Revenge Before Reason: Shining Armor admits this to Cadance after he hears about the attack on Twilight. Later, after Twilight’s funeral he tries to hide it, but Luna calls him out on it
- Shoo Out the Clowns: When Pinkie Pie’s mane goes flat, you know the dark side of the comic is in domination. Warning: Her mane goes flat for quite awhile.
- Shoot the Dog: Poor Celestia is forced to do this TWICE. First, vaporizing Twilight's coffin to prevent Starflare from using Necromancy to question Twilight, and then zapping Starflare through the skull when she realizes he's beyond redemption.
- Shout-Out: A rude Doctor with a bad leg? Where have we seen that before?
- Take Off Your Clothes: When Spike tries to clarify for Twilight how badly she was hurt, he tells her to lift up her hospital gown. Twilight, misunderstanding the request, is angry and embarrassed by this, despite the fact that she doesn’t wear clothes normally. Also, as the comment section pointed out, he LIVES with her, so he’s already seen everything he’s going to.
- Taking the Bullet: Seeing Fluttershy, who is protecting her, about to get impaled, Twilight jumps up to take the blow. True, she threw up a force field at the same time, but she must have known it wouldn’t last, thus positioning herself in front of Fluttershy
- Team Mom: Fluttershy is still the mother figure for the Mane Six. Standing between the sleep deprived Twilight and her would be assailant, pulls Pinkie back from despairing insanity through kindness and calm reasoning, and stands by Twilight, listens to her reasons for what she did when no one else would, and forgives and comforts her.
- Tempting Fate: Applejack. She realizes this and attempts to defy it: "Y'all deserve what you get-Ah didn't mean it! Ah'm very happy y'all are alive!!"
- Ungrateful Bastard: Defied as the train operator that Macintosh rescues from Bruno specifically says he doesn’t want to be ungrateful while begging them not to wreck the train.
- Unsound Effect: “Charge!” “Shove” “Twitch” “Drip drip” “Tumble” “Tackle” “Yank” “Grab” “Jump”
- What the Hell, Hero?: Applejack gives what she intends to be one to Twilight for faking her death and putting them through such heartache, but Macintosh gives Applejack one for not being grateful that Twilight is alive and not giving her a chance to explain herself. Applejack: “Don’t make me th’ bad guy in this, Big Mac!” Macintosh: “Ya kinda ARE, Applejack!”
- When She Smiles: Even banged up and near death, Twilight is adorable when she smiles.
- Wife-Basher Basher: Not explicit, but implied. Macintosh doesn’t like it when you attack a mare at all, let alone from behind.
- Written Sound Effect: “Crack!” “Blam!” “Thunk!” “Thud!” “Wham!” “Whump!” “Whud!” all that is just during Starflare attacking Twilight. There are others after that.
- Your Makeup Is Running: Rarity on four separate occasions. First, when she’s talking to Sweetie Belle after Twilight was assaulted, then when Applejack tells her that Twilight died, then during Twilight’s funeral, and finally during Twilight’s wake. Twilight’s mother as well, during her daughter’s funeral.