Webcomic: The Adventures of Gyno-Star
The Adventures of Gyno-Star is a superhero parody webcomic featuring a feminist protagonist whose tagline is "Fighting the forces of evil and male chauvinism."Gyno-Star boasts super-strength, a "Gyno sense" which alerts her when women are being discriminated against, and the power to make men feel the pain of childbirth.
The Adventures of Gyno-Star contains examples of:
- Agony Beam: The power to make men feel the pain of childbirth.
- Arch-Enemy: Vlad Deferens and The Stay-at-Home Mommy
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: A shadowy conspiracy of corporate executives hire a subcontractor to "eliminate" Gyno-Star.
- Cute Bruiser: Little Sappho — her adorable appearance belies her unusual strength.
- Kid Sidekick: Little Sappho, Gyno-Star's teenage sidekick.
- Psycho Sidekick: Little Sappho is a lot more of a political extremist than Gyno-Star, and is willing to do certain things that go against the main character's moral code.
- Shock Collar: Vlad Deferens puts a shock collar on Gyno-Star in an attempt to make her compliant and obedient.
- Stealth Parody/Poe's Law: At first glance it looks like a legitimate "radfem" wish fulfilment/social justice webcomic.
- Straw Character: The Glibertarian is a straw Libertarian created in a laboratory to spread pro-corporate ideology.
- The Cape: Gyno-Star embodies the upright superhero who abides by a strict code and moral authority (although more often she fails to live up to her own high standards).
- Trapped in TV Land: Gyno-Star gets trapped in the world of sexist beer commercials.
- Unicorn and Unicorns Are Sacred: Gyno-Star and Little Sappho discover that unicorns are being slaughtered at a factory farm, so their horns can be ground up and used to make products for the Apple corporation.