Cuatrocientos Cuatro, also known as Cuatro-cero-cuatro or just 404 (four-0-four) is a Spanish webcomic written and drawn by Albert "Koopa" González. This webcomic could be defined as the Spanish equivalent to xkcd: geek jokes with barely no continuity, it uses Maths, Physics, wordplays and memes for its humor.This comic first began in a Fotolog account, where Albert showed his first jokes involving his friends, Science jokes and impossible wordplays in Spanish. Then it moved to its own website, ditching the previous material and bringing new jokes.Despite having no actual continuity, in his old strips Albert created a superhero called Capitán Cerumen (Captain Earwax) able to use the wax from his ears to fight evil. In the beginning of his new strips, he created a group of superheroes (Taxidermista) starring famous scientists Ohm, Faraday and Schrödinger, along with Microsoft's infamous assisstant Clippit and A.D.A, a female AI. They had villains such as El Demostrador (The Demonstrator), though they weren't around for long.Though the webcomic ended on January 2011, its spirit lives on in HTZ, also by Albert.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: The famous line "Where is your God now?" was parodied twice. First time, God himself shoots the author. Second time, it is revealed God is a Skrull.
- Art Evolution: There's some of it, despite Albert's still being a very simple art style.
- Evil Twin: Parodied three times in a row.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Some of the author's friends and their characters, such as Ninja Lamp, from XD Comics.
- Memetic Bad Ass:
- Jesus. Yes, that Jesus. Be it with katanas or as Sniper Jesus.
- God himself is quite of a Bad Ass too.
- Heidi. Nice little girl living in the Alps with her grumpy grandfather? How about getting her, her gramps and her friend Klara in a war?
- Not to forget Klara's wheelchair is now a Giant Robot.
- Spanish hero El Cid was already a Bad Ass. Now he is a Bad Ass with a sniper rifle.
- And let's not forget Faraday, Ohm and Schrödinger turned into superheroes.
- Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie: In one strip, Jesus comes back as a cyborg. And in another one, we have cyborg Gandhi. Everything is better with cyborgs.
- Rick Roll: Even combined with Do a Barrel Roll... you've been Barrel Roll'd.
- Shout-Out: Many famous people have been in this comic, be it Steve Jobs, Bill Murray, GLaDOS...
- The End: With a Big Bang.
- World of Pun: Tons of them. Unfortunately, they're in Spanish and translation would kill most of the jokes.