You Vote, We Draw!Sarab, the interactive webcomic is a sci-fi webcomic which takes place in a world called Thalamus where humans almost destroyed nature with their irresponsible use of technology. To prevent this from happening again and possibly for the last time, the survivors restrict knowledge to a select few who are tasked with using it to help nature recover.These people are recruited at a young age and are moved to academies, called "Hubs" to be taught the sciences. The Hubs also serve as control stations that manage the weather and other natural powers to maintain a livable ecosystem.The rest of the population has no access to scientific knowledge and have reverted instead to agriculture as a means of living and the arts for entertainment. Sarab, the eponymous protagonist is an indecisive student at the Hub of Caldaia.The tagline at the top of this page is the interactive component to the comic. At the end of each page, a problem and two possible solutions are laid out. The audience then votes via poll on which solution Sarab should use. After a few days the poll is closed and the page is produced, then the cycle starts all over again.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Arcadia: Most of the world is implied to be this.
- Armor Piercing Punch: See She Is Not My Girlfriend below.
- The Cavalry: The Caldaian Enforcers pull one of these.
- The Chosen Ones: The Apprentices who are chosen by a "series of tests" when they are young and are basically tasked with protecting the Earth from humanity itself.
- Coup de Grāce: Sarab performs one on an unnamed girl. Or rather, her avatar.
- Digital Avatar: Players of the nelPLAY have these.
- Dramatic Wind: An antagonist uses his powers to invoke this.
- Elemental Powers: Bio Manipulation. Seen so far are Wind and Nature.
- Fanservice: The story is semi-controlled by the readers...
- Gaia's Lament: Thalamus is almost this, the humans are trying to help it recover.
- Green Aesop
- Hand Blast: The mysterious girl Sarab fights in the beginning has a gauntlet that can fire these. Sarab gets it after he kills her(they are revealed to be playing a video game).
- High-Pressure Blood: Accompanied by a "Spurt", here.
- Jerkass: Patrik.
- He was actually named after a fan who commented on the Schedule Slip. They said since he was the first to ask about it he would be treated to a "special surprise".
- Keeper of Forbidden Knowledge: The Hubs, which only teach advanced science to a select few.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Sarab, in an MMORPG.
- Level Grinding: "Drackens!!! Easy Prey!!! Experience Point's Paradise! I can finally level up!"
- Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game: The nelPLAY.
- Red Shirt Army: The Caldaian Enforcers.
- Scholarship Student: Sort of. Tribals like Sarab aren't usually allowed to be apprentinces for unexplained reasons. The way he is treated applies.
- Science Is Bad: When left unchecked.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Sarab says this about Karin: "My girlfriend! My girlfriend? HAHAHA". He says this in front of her. She does not take it well.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Out of the first 20 or so pages, Sarab and Karin definitely show signs of this.
- Unsound Effect: Frequently.
- Unusual Euphemism: Karin has a tendency to use scientific and mathematical terms as insults or swears.
- Weather Control Machine: Another function of the Hubs.