"Blam! Blam! Bra-Boom! I'll Rule Cybertron with my Super sweet sound effects!"Lil' Formers is a webcomic written by Matt Moylan. The main point of the site is to show chibi versions of Transformers characters poking fun at their TV show, movie or comic book. Many of them are simple one-panel comics, but a few are multiple panels. After almost two years, Matt began to do comics for other TV shows, comic books and movies.
— Shockwave: First post, first words.
This comic provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody
- Animesque: Parodied in one strip.
- Artifact Title: The strips's name, as of 2008 onward.
- Author Tract: Whenever Animated or the Transformers Film Series are the subjects of a strip. Also appears whenever Reboots are mentioned.
- Be Careful What You Wish For / Exact Words: After Matt started including non-TF characters in the strip, readers demanded that he'd "Bring the bots back!" He eventually consented, in a way.
- Book Ends: The series begins with Shockwave declaring that he will conquer Cybertron with his "super sweet sound effects." In the last strip, he finally accomplishes this... only to discover that he's actually conquered Gobotron.
- Bouncer: The Energon Club has one.
- Butt Monkey: GoBots, Seaspray.
- Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch:
- Partially averted; Matt did watch the first Transformers film, and an episode of Animated.
- Although played straight with the film, he made practically all his strips about it before he watched it.
- Also played straight with Tekken, whose characters he called nobodies because of his unfamiliarity with said franchise.
- Fanservice: Defied by Arcee here.
- Fridge Horror: Some In-Universe ideas of things that can go wrong with interacting with humans and robots.
- Fun Size: About everyone drawn in the comic, unless they were already SD, like Bomberman or the Mega Man characters.
- Idiot Ball: Noted how humans fall for the disguised bots.
- ReTool: In 2008, Matt expanded the strip to include other franchises.
- Non-Indicative Name: He also said he was tired of Transformers and wouldn't be making any more comics with them. This only lasted a while, though even then his comics with Transformers characters were less common than those with other franchises.
- Space Is Cold: The Transformers film is made fun of because of the Transformers' weakness to cold and the supposed "coldness of space" in this strip.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: Spoofed several ways.