is a hard boiled low fantasy adventure webcomic about a quest for revenge. After having been played as a patsy by a mysterious cabal as a cover for a heist of epic proportions, assassin Hunter Black
was sent to the Hell Pyramid, one of the worst prisons in the world. After somehow escaping and getting his hands of the legendary sword Revenger,
he goes on a quest to hunt down the ones who had set him up, and get his revenge. However, since Hunter was an archer, not a swordsman, and an assassin, not a warrior, he has a long, hard road ahead of him before he can claim his vengeance.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Hunter Black. Bonus points for being a name that a person really could have in real life.
- Combat Pragmatist: In his first fight, he used a bow to wound his opponent before he was even anywhere near him, before moving in with his sword.
- Cool Sword: Revenger. Along with being Forged by the Gods, when bathed in betrayer's blood, it grants renewed health and vigor to the wielder, and if the person betrayed was the wielder, the boon is even greater. Of course, the catch is, if you use it to kill someone who never betrayed anyone... then the revenge belongs to the person you killed, and their ghost can kill you at any time they please, and your soul is in eternal bondage to your victim, even in the afterlife.
- Forged by the Gods: The Revenger is one of several objects forged by the gods. The sword is unique, given that it is the only weapon in the set.
- Hellhole Prison: Hell Pyramid.
- Humiliation Conga: Ckazannisch.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place: HELL PYRAMID.
- Manipulative Bastard: Ckazannisch.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Revenger, full stop.
- Revenge: Hunter's motive. He was no angel, and he killed the equivalent of the freakin' pope, but when he discovered that he was set up, he took it very personally.
- Smug Snake: Ckazannisch.
- Teach Me How To Fight: As mentioned, Hunter is an archer assassin, not a sword-swinging warrior, so part of his quest for revenge leads him to tracking down a mentor, to teach him to use a sword.
- Admittedly, he has a small amount of skill with a blade, but it was never his preferred weapon.
- The Alcatraz: Hell Pyramid. It's actually relatively easy to exit the building itself, but it's located in a jungle where most everything is poisonous and/or carnivorous. That includes much of the plant life.
- Toxic Phlebotinum: Skysteel is found only in the Hell Pyramid, and mining the stuff is dangerous, since exposure to unrefined skysteel can cause you to catch the Hunger Blight, a disease that even the gods cannot cure.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: The Fishwife is among the hottest women to be seen in the comic so far, while her husband comes perilously close to Gonk territory. It's indicated that they are very much in love, and the one person to have ever claimed to have had the "Catch Of The Day" asides from her husband ended up gutted like a fish.