Furmentation is a webcomic depicting the adventure of a captured hamster sergeant and a few other characters. It can be found here. A new site here put up by the author is reposting comics daily and promises new ones to come afterwards.
It has examples of:
It has examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Not as a crime, but the way the king prior to Skybeard died:
- Ax-Crazy: Maeyen, pretty much everyone.
- Big "NO!": Alecksi, after Thompson steals Chibi-Kahn.
- Books That Bite: Referenced here.
- Calvin Ball: The MAGIC version, Mage Ball.
- Combat Pragmatist: Thompson and others; the Message Pies are a mix of this and Bring News Bake.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Thompson pretends that Gulley is upon meeting him; more importantly, the KING. He has ADD. Crap. AND the Headmaster of the magic school.
- Groin Attack: LOTS of castration threats, the most serious from a grumpy old man. Also see the periscope page.
- Ice-Cream Koan: Subverted in that is actually good, if unkind, advice in this.
- "I Know What We Can Do" Cut: Here.
- I'm A Hamstertarian: This.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Xodin the Hamster Sergeant not only is a terrible shot with firearms, but also unpredictable magical discharges. So is the head professor of his magic academy as seen here.
- Jerkass: Yup.
- Minimalist Cast: Mostly.
- Modern Major General: Here.
- Morality Teddy Bear: Subverted ? the mouse conqueror goes into a psychopathic rage when Chibi-Kahn is stolen.
- More Dakka: "We need more mammoths! Repeat, we need more mammoths!"
- No Fourth Wall: Somewhat - the author's friend's avatar shows up as 'God' and has a philosophical debate with the main character.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: The headmaster MUST be modeled after him. He's even forgotten his family. (as in, who are these people in my house?)
- Put on a Bus: Almost happens to the hamster sergeant Xodin.
- Red Sky, Take Warning: If only it was a storm.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Skybeard, definitely. Alecksi, most likely.
- Shout-Out: To Gilligan's Island, of all things.
- Shown Their Work: Despite being a Hamster-centric online comic, it's actually quite good.
- Sprite Comic: A very strange example. In order to make things easier for himself, the author pre-draws a lot of objects and characters then copy-pastes them like sprites and draws in backgrounds, arms, etc. This results in a very distinctive style.
- Tempting Fate: Several times, particularly the hawk and Skybeard's ascension.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? / Reptiles Are Abhorrent: It makes sense that both Thompson and Gulley hate snakes, since they're hamsters. Non-rodents (besides mammoths, hawks, sharks, evil worm/snakes, demons, and 'God', only two of whom are sentient) have yet to appear.