God knows, some parents aren't cut out to be parents. Sometimes, that's all it takes.Distortion Nuzlocke
is a unique entry in the popular Nuzlocke Comics
. It's hand-drawn with pencils and crayons, and the story itself is an allegory; the Pokemon world isn't real, but the main character, Johnny, envisions it to cope and interact with his very hard life.
With a gang of bullies picking on him, a no-good father, and a thirst to prove himself, Johnny's fantasies blur the line between sanity and madness... and it isn't long before people start to notice.
It can be found here
This comic contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Johnny's dad, who's imagined as Giovanni. He outright tries to kill him at one point.
- Action Survivor: Johnny.
- Allegory Adventure: In-universe. Everyone Johnny encounters is imagined as part of the Pokemon world, and each of his Pokemon represent something about him.
- Big Bad: Mr. Fangen/Giovanni.
- Break the Cutie: Johnny's already pretty messed up, but his fantasies cause him even more pain.
- The Bully: Johnny's nameless bully, who he imagines as Blue Oak.
- Cool Old Guy: Mr. Fuji.
- Darker and Edgier: Besides the fact that the Pokemon aren't even real, it contains a lot of violence and sanity slippage.
- Kick the Dog: Blue killing Johnny's pet rat.
- The Mentor: Hitmonchan takes this role after Johnny is sent to St. Blaine's.
- Sanity Slippage: Johnny goes through this more and more as the story goes on.
- Shovel Strike: Johnny's dad goes after him with a shovel.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Mr. Fangen appears to be a respectable chemist and concerned father. He is anything but.
- Wham Episode: Any of the Giovanni encounters, since in reality it's Johnny facing down his dad.
- Your Cheating Heart: Johnny catches Mr. Fangen cheating with his wife on Erika.