This comic provides examples of:
- Accidental Truth: Nine days after the comic joked about what mage utility warlocks would steal next, the Dev team announced the warlock changes for Cataclysm, which included a co-operative caster buff called Dark Intent (to match the mage ability Focus Magic). The authors announced that they would cease production of the comic and take their talents to the racetrack.
- Cross Player: Referenced in the Cosmopolitan parody cover. "How do I tell my guild I'm a GUY?!? pg. 78"
- Life Embellished: Fake blue posts supposedly by Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street, lead systems designer, feature prominently. Ghostcrawler's penchant for light snark in his design notes become the sarcastic, cruel taunting of a bored, alcoholic designer trolling the fans. And voiced by BRIAN BLESSED. The authors seem to like him better this way.
- Lighter and Softer: The lifestyle magazine for DK players, "Death Knight Living", includes a guide to finding "the cutest widdle vanity pets in all of Wo W", and "The Best Easy Listening Music for Raiding (Celine Dion's #4!)".
- Public Service Announcement: A propaganda poster warns against selfish behavior, and an informational flyer urges players not to break crowd control.