Bruno: I hope I don't have amnesia or something. Oh, wait... Name? Bruno. Occupation? Vagrant writer. First ten digits of pi? Three point one four one five nine two six five four. Okay, I guess I'm okay.Note: The correct title of this webcomic is "Bruno". However, the title of this page is displayed as "Brüno"note . This happens because a custom title has been defined for the film with that name, and there is no way to distinguish between the two works for the purposes of that system.Bruno is a Slice of Life webcomic by Christopher Baldwin (author of Spacetrawler and Little Dee). It ran from 1996-2007. It is currently being rerun with annotations.
Bruno provides examples of:
- Adorably Precocious Child: Cousin Amy.
- Bi the Way: Bruno.
- Brainy Brunette: Bruno.
- Cats Are Snarkers: Bruno's cat snarks in thought bubbles.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Bruno's cat, named Cat.
- Dynamic Character: Bruno changes considerably over the years.
- The Fundamentalist: Jay. This often puts him at odds with Bruno.
- Gender-Blender Name: Bruno is a girl. (She's named after Giordano Bruno.)
- Ghostly Goals: the ghost in Stanley's basement wants something.
- Gonk: women are drawn normally, but men are often grotesquely distorted.
- Goth: Allison.
- Little Miss Snarker: Cousin Amy.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Meet Cute: Donna meets Bruno by running into her on rollerblades.
- NEET: Bruno, intermittently, especially in the early years.
- Snark Knight: Bruno, constantly.
- Speech-Centric Work
- The Stoner: Randall.
- Strawman Political: various of Bruno's acquaintances, especially religious ones.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: how Cousin Amy's parents see her.
- World of Snark: there are a lot of snarkers.
Bruno: Oh, right... and my cynicism, which actually takes up most of my time.