The Bully's Bully
is a textless web comic by Courtney Huddleston and James Taylor which began on 19 December 2012 and updates on Monday and Wednesday each week. According to a message by Courtney in the story comments
, each story will begin with a Dream Sequence
Using pictures alone, the comic tells short stories about an unnamed young heroine (dubbed BB by the comic's fans
) who attempts to stop bullies from hurting the helpless.
From the first story, what we know about BB is that she has a happy home life, owns a devoted cat (which behaves more like a dog by following BB around), she attempts to avoid violence when possible and she uses the minimum violence possible when forced to fight. BB seems to be a good fighter when she does fight.
There are indications that BB has martial arts training but this is not canon as at this writing. BB has a form of extrasensory perception which one fan has dubbed "Empathic Precognition", i.e. she feels the pain of the bullied, before it actually happens. She also seems to know exactly where
the bullying is about to happen, so she can arrive in time to do something about it.
It can be assumed that BB's Empathic Precognition is automatically limited in range to situations which are physically close enough for her to intervene in, although again, this is not yet canon.
BB would prefer to win the bully over rather than simply beat the snot out of him. So far, this has worked exactly once. How well this goes in the majority of cases remains to be seen although as of story #4, BB has learned a new skill which could be called Empathic Projection. She can by physical touch force a bully to feel empathy with his or her victim.The Bully's Bully Forum
was started by a long-time reader of the web comic as an alternative to using the comment section of the comic. The forum is not endorsed or run by the comic's authors.
The Bully's Bully contains examples of:
- Martial Pacifist: The heroine attempts to stop violence with nonviolent means before resorting to violence.
- Meaningful Look: For the same reason as Facial Dialogue.
- No Name Given: None of the characters have been given "canon" names.
- Psychic Children: BB is able to sense bullying at a distance before it happens and as of story #4 is capable of forcibly projecting empathy onto a bully.
- On page 9 of chapter 1, BB has a My Little Pony on a shelf above her bed. it looks a lot like Fluttershy.
- On page 9 of chapter 2, BB's wall is adorned with a poster of characters from Family Dog.
- The first bully wears a shirt evocative of The Punisher.
- Silence Is Golden: The entire comic is presented without any sounds or dialogue.
- Sixth Sense: BB seems to have the ability to sense the pain of the bullied before it happens, dubbed Empathic Precognition by a fan.
- The Bully: The bullies the heroine tries to stop.
- The Hero: The unnamed little girl who is the heroine of the story.
- The Villain: The equally unnamed bullies the heroine tries to stop.
- The Sociopath: The first bully gleefully tried to kill a basket of puppies and the girl's cats, and could have killed her too.
- Tranquil Fury: How BB behaves when deciding how to deal with the first bully we see.