Provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: one of the most blatant examples. Even for an 8 years old comic, the evolution is amazing.
- Cool Shades: Duke always sports a pair of these.
- End of Series Awareness: The whole last story arc is this.
- Everything Explodes Ending: Used to the point of being a Running Gag.
- Fanservice: All of the female characters of the cast are subject to this.
- Flanderization: Inverted. Yes. Thanatos has become progressively less stupid and over-the-top with the years. He's still one of the most batshit insane webcomic characters in existence, though.
- Glasses Pull: David Caruso's (of CSI: Miami) characteristic Glasses Pull is parodied in this comic.
- Jesus Taboo: The name is a pun on the phrase "Bigger Than Jesus."
- Hollywood Hacking: this strip shows Dueling Hackers in Hollywood's version and the more realistic Cut the Juice. It provides the trope image for both the former trope and Mundane Solution.
- Medium Awareness: Used various times, most notably in the final story arc which crossed this with End of Series Awareness.
- Negative Continuity: In deference to Rule of Funny. Things like having a kid and being shot to death don't stick between strips.
- It's the Comic's way of recovering from Future Thanatos's rampage through the comic's multiverse.
- No Fourth Wall: Taken to the point where not only is it a running gag but The final storyline's plot.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Wang is one of these. He's a very special Non-Human Sidekick, being a 4-foot-tall rock.
- Running Gag: as you can expect from a webcomic that has lasted for 8 years and counting, there are many of them. For example, Desmond's ongoing battle against Wikipedia has recently returned.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: The creator's one-sided rivalry with Tim Buckley.
- All it took was finding out that his site code being reused without any credit to kick off this rivalry.
- Space Whale Aesop: in this comicKat: You shouldn't swing on your chair!
Thanatos: Why? What's the worst that can happen?
Kat: Well, I could wait 'till you're asleep and then cut of your penis with a rusty carving knife.
- He promptly stops swinging.
- Take That: CAD's convenient miscarrige. Too many times to list.
- Too Dumb to Live: Thanatos. His name is a Shout-Out to the Greek personification of death, because his idiocy seems to attract death and excessive violence wherever he goes.
- To be fair, Thanatos has become less and less stupid with the years, in a rare case of inversion of Flanderization.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Here.