"You thought everypony in ponyville was crazy? Try Teustable! "http://askequestriabluteam.tumblr.com/http://askequestriabluteamarchives.tumblr.comAsk Equestria BLU Team is a tumblr starring the main characters of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo/Muffins, Big Macintosh and Berry Punch/Berryshine(formerly Zecora) set in the roles of the nine classes of Team Fortress 2The blog has been on an indefinite Hiatus since the last post and has since silently been merged back into Ask Mat 2.
— Sidebar description
- Twiper (Twilight Sparkle)
- Rainbow Scout (Rainbow Dash)
- Derpider (Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo/Muffins)
- Spyitiy/Rarispy (Rarity)
- Demoberry (Berry Punch/Berryshine)
- Heavy Mac (Big Macintosh)
- Engyjack (Applejack)
- Pinkie Pyro (formerly Pinkie Piero) (Pinkie Pie)
- Fluttermedic (Fluttershy)
This comic provides examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: Sort of. Was only played for laughs though.
- Cameo: Like with many askblogs, askers may appear in answer posts, as long as a model or stand-in can be found.
- Clone Army: All of the classes are brainwashed clones.
- Crossover: Aside from crossovers with other blogs in Mattwo's universe, there was the short-lived "Gmod Box".
- Expendable Clone: This is basically how the respawn system works.
- Expy: All of the characters are expies of the respective classes with some of their own personalities mixed in. It's later explained by Rarispy that there's a good reason for this: Not only are they clones imbued with the DNA of the respetive classes, but a bit later it was also revealed that they've been brainwashed by the Trollestia Anthrosniper as it so happens, this effectively helped justify Rarispy's Gratuitous French to an extent.
- Gratuitous French: Rarispy invoked this more than either of her canon counterparts.
- Hand Wave: How was GLaDOS was outdoors? It's a secret to everybody!
- Incoming Ham: Almost literally: when Rainbow Scout is asked where Saxton is, it turns out he's dropping out of an airplane, yelling his name at the top of his lungs.
- Off-Model: Sometimes the wrong team color is used either for the characters or their equipment, often due to oversight, though certain versions of the Fluttermedic model lack the correct skingroup.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Rainbow Scout was surprised to learn this about the zombies from Plants vs. Zombies
- Painting the Medium: While at first the comic primarily used the Anime Ace font, it later primarily used the "TF2 Build" font and the colors of the text varied based on who was talking. Though the TF2 font did not support Russian characters so Heavy Mac was a notable exception, though his font color still matched his coat color.
- Put on a Bus: When Demoberry showed up, Democora mysteriously vanished from the blog, even from the sidebar list.
- Rage Quit: Engyjack's reaction to a Sentry Buster. It's never actually explained how she did it though.
- As part of a rebranding Doctor Whooves and Twilight Sparkle's absurd nicknames were dropped, and all the ponies are now referred to as "Mattwo's (name)" or "The (name) from Mattwo's universe as instead of being from merged worlds, they are now native to his universe.
- Pinkie Pyro was originally called Pinkie Piero. Mattwo's storywriter forgot this fact, and when he was later reminded, he promptly changed it, as he realized how ridiculous it sounded.
- At first it was explained that the reason the teams of ponies were fighting each other was due to them being clones. After the storywriter realized that's not how science works, it was explained that brainwashing was also involved.