Web Video: Skippy Shorts
Skippy Shorts is a... unique puppet–based YouTube channel run by NearFar Productions. It stars an insane puppet named Skippy (voiced by Greg Harrisberg), who mainly retells classic stories in his own "style" and answers e-mail questions, along with an ensemble of other crazy puppets, including his best friend Finney (voiced by Jack Rennon), a weird white animal, a trigger-happy cop called the Cop and his friend Iggy Iguana, a senile sociopath named Rufus T., a magical wizard and his apprentice, and many, many others. Almost every video ends with Skippy yelling, "STUPID!", which perfectly sums up the channel's whole style and tone. The channel can be seen here.There is also a second channel called skippythe2nd. It can be seen here.
Tropes seen in their videos:
- Abhorrent Admirer: The Old Lady who wants to be a disgusted Skippy's girlfriend. He reacts by killing her.
- Aborted Arc: "Ask Skippy #13" ends on a cliffhanger of Skippy being arrested. Nothing comes of it and the lack of closure on it has become a Running Gag.
- Ax-Crazy: Hillary Clinton, who will send her Midget Minions to kill you if you don't vote for her. Also Rufus, who threatened to kill the viewer's grandma if they didn't go see the characters at the 2010 Beverly Hills Film Festival.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: Oh, yeah.
- Blatant Lies: "That's cheap!". Also saying that "Clawverbro" is a common name.
- Cartoon Creature: Finney.
- Catch Phrase: "STUPID!", "The other day, a guy / girl wrote me...", "YAY!!!", "YEAH!", "I'll be your (enter text here)!".
- Caustic Critic: Rufus.
- Christmas Carol: See
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Nancy the Talking Movie Review Bird.
- Nearly everyone qualifies.
- Depraved Kids' Show Host: Kappy Koala.
- The Ditz: Nancy.
- Every Episode Ending: Again, "STUPID!".
- Fractured Fairy Tale: Many of Skippy's retellings are outright wrong.
- Gonk: The Old Lady.
- Hand Puppet
- Humanity Ensues: As seen in "Human Skippy!".
- I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: The Cop.
- Jerkass: Skippy, The Cop (sometimes), Iggy (sometimes), and Rufus.
- Kill the Poor: In the Christmas Carol video, Rufus T., as Scrooge, outright says this.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Dark Anne Cestor and Tiny Tim.
- Monster Clown
- Non-Human Sidekick: Iggy.
- Noodle Implements: The Wizard's Nanny Foo-Foo made his green shirt out of the bones of an epileptic leprechaun!
- Rapid-Fire Comedy: AND HOW!
- Robe and Wizard Hat: The Wizard.
- Shock and Awe: Skippy's horrible electricity–shocking powers, as seen in "Ask Skippy #21 - Resolutions."
- Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness: On the far end of the silly side.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: "Have have you ever been like in like YEAH!"
- Thanksgiving Episode: Where Skippy yells at all his friends for not being thankful for him.
- The Chew Toy: Andy Cougerman. He explodes in every one of his appearances.
- World of Ham
- Youtube Poop: Ganon's "DIE!" has been used many times.