Web Video / SCAW Superstars Of CAW
SCAW: Superstars of CAW is a CAW League (A wrestling federation using a wrestling video game. In SCAW's case, Smack Down
vs RAW 2006) produced by Lonestarr022. It uses fictional characters or real life celebrities as wrestlers. The league has been running since 2007, and most action takes place on the weekly show, SCAW Superstar Clash.
SCAW can be found on Lonestarr's official website
pages. The forums are located here
and its own wiki here
A Character Sheet is coming soon.
SCAW: Superstars of CAW contains examples of:
- Aborted Arc - The Flash's Face–Heel Turn (he was future endeavored) and Max Payne's feud with Captain Picard and Spock.
- All American Face: Captain America and Guile. The two of them form a Tag Team called the All Americans. Homer Simpson also qualifies.
- Alpha Bitch: Avril Lavigne
- Ambiguously Gay: Everyone believes that Kuwabara is gay, although he denies it.
- Artistic License – Physics: Not really for just SCAW, but the video game Lonestarr uses allows for some crazy stunts to be performed, most notably, Mr. Clean performing a Cleaning Press with no ladder underneath him, essentially jumping off mid-air.
- Art Shift: Lonestarr switched to Smack Down vs RAW 2007 for a few episodes of Superstar Clash, but decided 06 was better. He has also upgraded his capture cards in the past, allowing for a better quality recording of the TV.
- Parts of Blood, Sweat, & Tears VII were done on WWE 2 K 14 before SCAW would fully migrate to the new game.
- Bad Santa: Santa played this straight when he was a heel.
- Badass Beard: Superman got one when he turned heel.
- Badass Longcoat: Hellboy
- Bald of Awesome: Mr. Clean and Jean-Luc Picard.
- Boring but Practical: Lebron James' running knee-to-the-face finisher.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: This happens quite a bit. Part of Spider-Man's current gimmick is that he does this.
- Breakup Breakout: The Green Lantern who was originally partnered with The Flash.
- Buried Alive: InuYasha, Batman, and Superman all lost a buried alive match and disappeared for several months before returning.
- Butt Monkey: Nacho seems to serve as this these days.
- Cheap Heat: Invoked often by SCAW's various heels.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Homer Simpson qualifies, particularly as a face.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: George W. Bush was this during his brief reign as the president of SCAW. Abraham Lincoln of all people became this following the Salt Lake City screwjob.
- Curbstomp Battle: As with any wrestling federation, this tends to happen whenever jobbers are involved, though there have been exceptions with otherwise competent wrestlers.
- Demoted to Extra: Nacho is now a "road agent".
- Disc One Final Boss: InuYasha defeated the mastermind behind Project Doomsday, Dr. Doom, early on in the Virus Arc only to continue the feud with a Virus-controlled Optimus Prime.
- The Dragon: Optimus Prime to Dr. Doom while in Project Doomsday.
- Demoted to Dragon - Doom, though this is actually subverted as the Fearsome Four has no real leader (or so they claim) so no one in the group is a dragon.
- Easily Distracted Referee: The referees of SCAW are utterly incompetent.
- Easily Forgiven: On the first Superstar Clash after winning the Tag-Team titles, Joker betrayed his partner, Batman, and put him on the shelf for several months, vacating the titles in the process. This eventually led to a feud which came to a head at Blood, Sweat, & Tears 3 in a triple-threat match (also involving Robin). The next Clash after that, they started teaming again apparently after some convincing from Jack Sparrow.
- Expy: SCAW has several.
- Face–Heel Turn: As you would expect of a wrestling federation, this is fairly standard.
- Felony Misdemeanor: "Dastardly bastard! He stepped on his foot!"
- Finger Poke of Doom: Classic Joker often poked people in the eye, and Lonestarr would call it this.
- Follow the Leader: SCAW borrows quite a bit from No DQ CAW.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: The Prince of Persia takes every opportunity to declare his hatred for America. Ichigo Kurosaki has done the same in the past.
- Friendly Rival: With DWA, a fellow CAW League.
- Groin Attack: Done more often than in real wrestling because for whatever reason, no one ever gets disqualified for doing this. Piccolo and Santa Claus (during his heel run) seem to be particularly fond of this.
- In-Name-Only: A few superstars such as Ichigo Kurosaki, are so different from the original character that they may as well not be the same character at all.
- Heel–Face Turn: As you would expect from a wrestling federation.
- Hero Killer: Edward Elric was referred to as this during the later half of his heel run as he scored wins over main eventers like Superman and Green Lantern.
- He's Back: Like in regular wrestling, this tends to happen a lot.
- Jerkass: Most of the heels. Ichigo Kurosaki is the biggest example.
- Jobber Entrance: Milhouse gets one whenever he shows up.
- Large Ham: Lonestarr himself can qualify for this, particularly in his voicing of Mr. T. Some such as Dr. Doom stay true to their source material by being particularly wordy and grandiose.
- Long Runner: SCAW has been produced almost weekly since 2007.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: The entire point of SCAW.
- Mind Screw: The Joker vs. Joker arc.
- No Sell: Happens more often than in real wrestling due to being a video game.
- Palette Swap: When Spider-Man and Superman turn heel, they change their colors (plus a beard for Superman). War Machine has a few different layers than Iron Man but is otherwise mostly the same. Some superstars like M. Bison and Prince of Persia have had their outfits made slightly darker though no significant changes have been made.
- Police Are Useless: Security is never around to break up backstage fights. When the nWo first invaded SCAW, Lonestarr shouted for security to come down to the ring, but of course no such thing happened.
- Power Stable: The nWo, Animation Evolution, Project Doomsday and the Fearsome Four. Completely averted with the Holy Straight Edge Society, who never once looked like a threat.
- Pro Wrestling Is Real
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The destruction of the original SCAW forum at the hands of two trolls was inserted into the Virus storyline, and blamed on Dr. Doom in kayfabe.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: InuYasha and Anakin against Project Doomsday and Abraham Lincoln respectively.
- Royal Rumble: The Match of Destiny. Here are the winners:
- 2008 and 2012 - Captain America
- 2009 - Superman
- 2010 - Robin
- 2011 - The Gladiator
- 2013 - Homer Simpson
- Running Gag: "MY CHINESE FOOD!"
- Serious Business: "Back to fictional, video game wrestling...THAT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS!"
- Shout-Out: Too many to count.
- Small Name, Big Ego: A lot of the lower card talent can qualify. Billy Madison was probably the biggest example.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Doctor Doom is this to Anakin, formerly Darth Vader.
- Take That: Lonestarr takes several shots at WWE and TNA, as well as various athletes or movies.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Robin gave a pretty good one to Ichigo Kurosaki on the last Clash episode before To Hell and Back 2011.
- Took a Level in Badass: Happens occasionally. Ryu Hayabusa was a jobber for a long time, before suddenly winning the Zero-One Title and ended up holding it for longer than anyone else.
- The Gladiator "spent more time on the canvas than Rembrandt" before becoming a 2 time Zero-One champion, 5 time Tag Team champion (more times than anyone) and 2011 Match of Destiny winner.
- Edward Elric was just a random jobber who appeared once in 2008. He comes back a year later and has since become a 3-time champ.
- Tournament Arc: There's one every year. Here are the winners:
- 2007 and 2010 - Spider-Man
- 2008 - Homer Simpson
- 2009 - InuYasha
- 2011 - Anakin
- 2012 - The Prince of Persia
- 2013 - Edward Elric
- Wham Episode
- Spider-Man as the leader of the NWO at Spring Showdown 2008.
- Santa Claus' Face–Heel Turn at Blood, Sweat & Tears II.