Iron Liz is a video reviewer, primarily reviewing Tabletop RPGs
, but also appearing in vlogs of her and Linkara
(her former real-life boyfriend and occasional co-operator) playing Card Games such as Yu-Gi-Oh!
and Sailor Moon
in You're Such a Card...Game!
. She recently started a companion series called Card Dregs
, which features weird and bad Collectible Card Games
Liz was formerly a party member of Spoony's Campaign
, in which she played a Cleric, and now she is the DM of an AD&D campaign with others from TGWTG and Lord Kat
's stream. The first few sessions were not streamed or put online, but Iron Liz has started putting them on her blog
. A wiki for the campaign is here
She plays, furthermore, a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
game with her friend Kari which can also be found on her blog
. She is significantly more active on her Twitter
account (found here
) than her blog, though.
She used to be found on That Guy with the Glasses
, but has since left for unspecified reasons.
Tropes associated with Iron Liz include:
- Action Girl: Iron Liz would like to introduce you to her two friends. -ahem-
- Almighty Janitor: Her latest Real Life paying job. She likes it (a lot more than her old job as a store clerk, at least).
- Bad Ass: Her weapons of choice are two swords named Twinkle and Icingdeath. She kicks a lot of robot ass with them.
- Battle Couple: Linkara and Iron Liz, as proven in the Ewoks # 9 review.
- Be Yourself: Harvey Finevoice's advice to her in Ewoks #9, when she was trying too hard to fill in for Linkara. She took the advice and has been herself ever since, to the delight of fans. (Well, except when she's being other people, but that's to be expected.)
- Bifauxnen: Iron Liz passes off as rather androgynous at first glance, and her voice does not help matters much, but upon closer examination her gender makes itself known.
- Bi the Way: Has openly discussed ex-girlfriends on Twitter.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: "RPG history you don't care about but need to know in order to understand this!"
- Break the Cutie: She was a huge Star Wars fan, getting into it through the second edition of the Star Wars RPG. Then, slowly, the movies started to literally cause her mental duress leading up to her playing the third edition of the Star Wars RPG. According to her, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: She was a major part of Linkara's Atop the Fourth Wall cast when they were together. Her absence since the end of their relationship has not been acknowledged in the show's plot.
- Compensating for Something: Iron Liz notes the extremely long silencer in Chain Gang War #1.
- Cosplay: Happens in her reviews, e.g. in Star Trek uniforms.
- Cross Over: Iron Liz joined forces with Obscurus Lupa to review the unintentionally horrifying children's movie Gooby.
- ... and later on, Liz roped Lupa into reviewing mermaid horror B-movie She Creature with her, as payback.
- Does Not Like Guns: Possibly. When battling Lord Vyce, Linkara has his Magic Gun, Harvey Finevoice has his Tommy Gun, 90's Kid has his chaingun, Ensign Monroe has his phaser, and Iron Liz has...swords.
- Fanservice: Her second Card Dregs certainly delivers, which she lampshades.
- Furry Fandom: A skunk in her Ironclaw review.
- Heavy Metal: Her music of choice. (Her name is a Shout-Out to Iron Maiden, after all.)
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: The Ninja-Style Dancer shows up out of nowhere in her review of Chain Gang War #1 to ensure that the review doesn't fail.
- Official Couple: Formerly with Linkara. However, they have broken up.
- Phrase Catcher: Linkara's dry "I have to live with her, folks" whenever she cracks a particularly bad pun in "You're Such a Card... Game".
- Though a discontinued one in more recent times for obvious reasons.
- Pungeon Master: Not on AT4W, but when she appears in other TGWTG streams (especially Jew Wario's), she cracks a lot of puns. Also does this a lot in "You're Such a Card Game."
- Transsexual: She revealed on Lord Kat's livestream podcast that she was assigned male at birth, and identified as a trans woman most of her life. (Since she finished transitioning in 2014, she no longer uses the label.)
- Shout-Out: She does Shout Outs to Diamanda Hagan and The Bunny Perspective here.
- Squee: In her premiere episode on That Guy With The Glasses, regarding Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead 2.
- Video Review Show
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Her vocal range allows her to pull off both male and female characters pretty well.
- Ironically, her male voices sound quite natural, but her female voices don't work as well.
- Yaoi Fangirl: The fact that she actually enjoyed reading Slash Fic about her ex-boyfriend probably goes a long way to explaining her popularity with the TGWTG fangirls.