Webcomic / Coga Suro
Large talking slug:Hey, don't glare at me. I'm just a figment of your imagination, sonny.
Coga Suro is a relatively new-to-the-internet webcomic currently hosted on Drunk Duck. Official party line from the artist/writer is that he started drawing it a few years ago, and so has a lot of raw pages to catch up on. The dates on the bottoms of the posted pages seem to confirm this, as does a preview page posted on DeviantArt
.Coga Suro has somewhat of a random plot, jumping between different and increasingly strange plot arcs, but generally keeping to a theme of computer games, Ridiculously Human Robots
, or some combination thereof. Starting out as more of a 'gag a day' strip with poor artwork, it eventually metamorphosed into a comic given to longer story arcs and gradually-evolving art.Main characters include:
- Steve: Resident Cloudcuckoolander and wannabe superhero. Occasionally displays The Hero moments, but most of these are taking care of something that's his fault anyway. Wears a costume [later armour] that uses Applied Phlebotinum to give him superhuman attributes.
- Jerry: Steve's friend and owner of a Badass Longcoat that he wears in almost every appearance; he only owns the one coat, and cleans and maintains it religiously. Smarter and more sensible than Steve, and in charge of robot-related plot advancement. The Smart Guy.
- Frank: Final member of the main Power Trio, Frank possesses a pair of Good Angel, Bad Angel consciences, apparently has some form of acrobatic or martial arts skills, and switches to a new job every strip this is bought up. Died in the final chapter.
- Jane: Steve's girlfriend Later, his wife and mother of his children, whom he met on the internet and, uniquely, turned out to be just who she said she was. Some form of Gamer Girl and onetime user of a Super Suit.
- Lincoln: Ridiculously Human Robot, who, due to a recent botched repair, constantly speaks as if she's a one-man DadaComic. Possessed large breasts. Recently 'died'. She got better.
- Hades: Another Ridiculously Human Robot created by two other robots, one good and one evil, fusing together. [Don't ask.]
It has recently finished (as of August 5th, 2009), and can be read in its entirety here.
Followed up by the brilliantly named sequel Coga Suro 2 here.
Coga Suro provides examples of:
Coga Suro 2 provides examples of:
- Animesque- Again, same style as Coga Suro.
- Art Evolution
- Bash Brothers
- Bonus Material- 'Coga Suro Review' at the end of each chapter, heavily influenced by Lucky Star's 'Lucky Channel'
- Emergency Transformation- John early in Coga Suro 2.
- Likely what happened to Frank during the timeskip.
- Hair Decorations- Anne. Given that the only time she's ever been seen without a hairband of some colour is when she transforms into a lightning-shooting skeleton thing, she is most definitely cuter with it by default.
- Facial Markings- On most robots.
- Fembot- the second [younger-looking] Persephone.
- Shock and Awe- Anna and later John's powers.
- Skull for a Head- See the spoiler above.
- Skunk Stripe- John and his siblings inherited their blonde streaks from their father somehow.
- Time Skip- Coga Suro 2 is set about 18 years after the end of Coga Suro, and is [eventually] centred more around Steve's grown-up kids.