"Sugoi!"-Kawaii Battle Stars is a web animation created by Axel The Navy about a group of girls who fight evil using a star-shaped stone that is powered by their libido. Yes, you read that correctly. This series is meant to parody Magical Girl anime and the Shōjo in general, as well as pretty much anything else they can make fun of. The first episode can be viewed here and here.Compare to Girlchan in Paradise!!, which parodies the Shōnen genre. However, unlike Girlchan, Kawaii Battle Stars tends to poke fun at the anime culture rather than anime itself.
The Kawaii Tropes:
- Angrish: If you can call Natsuki's random deranged screaming that.
- Absolute Cleavage: Naka-chan in her swimsuit.
- Animation Bump: The opening is much more Animesque and detailed than the actual show itself, which uses more of a deranged Western cartoon (but thoroughly entertaining) style.
- Anime Theme Song: "Computer Driving" by Perfume.
- Crossdressing Voices
- Deadpan Snarker: Hayde.
- Deranged Animation
- Gonk: Angie, who has facial hair and causes Billy-San to run away retching by merely flirting with him.
- Gratuitous Japanese: "MOSHI MOSHI BILLY-SAN!"
- "Kawaii kitty! Kawaii doggy! Kawaii chair! Kawaii COLD SORE ON ANGIE'S LIP!"
- "We missed the DESU out of you!"
- Gross-Up Close-Up: The cold sore on Angie's lip. Actually, just any close up of Angie in general.
- Five-Man Band
- Visual Pun: When Angie tells Hayde to "Hold the mayo" Nasuki is seen holding a jar of mayonnaise in the background.
- Token Evil Teammate: Possibly Hayde, who even sports demon horns. And of course, well, the name.
- Vocal Dissonance: All of the characters are voiced by guys.
- World of Ham: For some REASON everyone likes to yell loudly.