Web Animation / Burnt Face Man
"I may have a burnt face, but that doesn't mean I can't fight crime!"
Crime is a shit that needs wiping up!
From the creator of Salad Fingers
and Spoilsbury Toast Boy
comes a (far less creepy) Flash cartoon about the adventures of the epynonmous hero, who possesses a badly burnt face, some Stock Super Powers
, and... not much else. His life is miserable, and (with the exception of one crazy stalker
) most everybody hates him. His foes consist of the equally ineffective Bastard Man and Man-Spider, and much of the cartoon follows our hero as he battles the forces of "evil".
Burnt Face Man provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: An alternate ending for an episode reveals that the hero's real name is Burt Faceman and that he works at a boring office.
- Animal Wrongs Group: PETA tries to kill Burnt Face Man soon after the introduction of Burnt Face Dog, who was mutilated by the cartoon's narrator in an inexplicable attempt to frame Burnt Face Man.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: In one episode, Burnt Face Man kills a giant snail that turned out to be sacred.
- Berserk Button: Don't call Burnt Face Man gay.
- Butt Monkey: Burnt Face Man.
- Continuity Nod: Several crop up from time to time in the later episodes. Have-A-Nice-Day Man and Taps Man are seen playing Barcode Battler in Bastard Man's base, and Rockhead Rumple is seen bothering people in Episode 9. Episode 8 features the man who requested piping hot grape juice in Episode 5 going insane and shooting people when recruited by Burnt Face Man to use the knockback from a pistol to move Burnt Face Man's car.
- Face–Heel Turn: Burnt Face Man briefly turns evil and decides to "swear up a fucking storm!"
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Common gag in early episodes (the Flash version, of course), where bodies of text too small to be readable without pausing and zooming in are hidden in odd spots, or Bastard Man's name tag.
"Text that is too small to read without zooming in. This will probably be very important and should be reported to your local 'BFM hidden meanings group' If you want a free bag of David Firth's piss then email him with the following phrase: 'I don't smell of vinegar you big prick!' Chips and chithers"
- G.I.F.T.: Burnt Face Man tries hiding out on an internet forum from enraged snail worshippers, but is promptly banned by the forum's obnoxious members.
- Harmless Villain: The series has a lot of them.
- Hero with Bad Publicity
- Hot-Blooded: Literally - Burnt Face Man cures himself of AIDS by setting his bloodstream on fire, simultaneously gaining the (otherwise useless) power of Really Hot Blood.
- Interactive Narrator: In one episode, Burnt Face Man manages to kill the narrator. Too bad he already released a tape of prerecorded snark.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Bastard Man.
- Jerk Ass: The Narrator.
- Lemony Narrator: The Narrator.
- Lighter and Softer: When compared to Salad Fingers and other David Firth's works. Don't worry! There's still plenty of weirdness and black comedy to go around.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Burnt Face Man doesn't seem fussed about the fact his leg was shot off, as well as having his skin stolen.
- Medium Awareness: Burnt Face Man is aware that he's in fiction (at the least), and comments on the events of the episode. He even attemtps to exploit this by trying to write his own episode and requesting the animator to cut the scene back to his house, and leave behind Observation Boy, who was annoying him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Burnt Face Man is very prone to this.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Taps Man manages to kill Slightly Bruised Man
- Pac Man Fever: The washing machine video game.
- Planet of Hats: Bastard Man tries to sell Earth's air to a Planet of Shifty Characters.
- Precision F-Strike: "I don't have a fucking sidekick!"
- Rage Against the Author: It's clear that Burnt Face Man does not like the jabs the Announcer makes at his expense.
- Sarcastic Clapping: God does this to Burnt Face Man after he indirectly causes the deaths of several people.
- Super Zero: While his intentions are genuine, Burnt Face Man effectiveness at super-heroic chores leaves a lot to be desired.
- Words Can Break My Bones
Bastard Man: Now that we've made you weak with fear, we shall call you NAMES UNTIL YOU BLEED!
Burnt Face Man: Nooooo!