WMG: The Pink Panther
The 2006 reboot takes place in the same universe of that of the original films and the Clouseau played by Steve Martin is actually Jacques Gambrelli, Clouseau's sonAnd the Dreyfus played Kevin Kline is actually the original Dreyfus' (Herbert Lom) nephew, who coincidently is also called Charles.
- When the movie was first announced in 2001, press releases did say that Steve Martin would be portraying an older version of Clouseau's son.
Clouseau never underwent Magic Plastic SurgeryEither Clouseau was kidnapped or killed and the people responsible for it hired Roger Moore to make the audience believe Clouseau changed his face.
Sir Charles Litton underwent Magic Plastic SurgeryHe had his body changed for the events of Return and reverted to his old one some time thereafter.
Clouseau is GodOr at least God loves him that much, explaining why Clouseau survives the most deadly dangers in the world, everyday.
Dreyfus did not die at the end of Strikes Again.If he did die:
- Clouseau traveled back in time to save Dreyfus.
- Dreyfus is replaced by a doppelganger.
- Strikes Again is technically non-canon to the other films.
- It was All Just a Dream from whoever's perspective it was.
- Dreyfus rematerialized in his cell in the insane asylum from which he escaped.
- I have a theory that when the machine was destroyed everything it had done was undone. I think the castle must have materialized again, only now it would be empty, Dreyfus must have appeared in the asylum (or not in the asylum, but either way he landed up there), and the UN building returned. I think nobody remembered Dreyfus blackmailing all those governments or destroying the building, only that he escaped from the asylum. How else (unless one of the first three is true) did he get his job back in Trail?
- On the other hand, Clouseau meets Drummond and Quinlan from Strikes Again for the first time in Trail, the same film where Dreyfus gets his job back, and also purchases his Strikes Again disguise in this film, meaning that they are ignoring Strikes Again (the reason for these scenes is that they are deleted scenes from the other film being recycled.)
The Ballon mansion was cursed, and the curse could only be broken when only one person remained.For every time Clouseau came close to solving the mystery, another body was found. The explosion at the end ended the curse forever as Maria Gambrelli was all who survived.
The ending of Strikes Again (temporarily) turned Dreyfus into the French version of Dr. ManhattanWhereas most of the other things zapped by the Disintegrator Ray just dissipated into an ever-expanding clouds of their component atoms, Dreyfus remained conscious and alive even in his disembodied state. He subsequently managed to reform himself into a being of god-like power, and revelled in now being able to finally destroy Clouseau. However, through his usual mishaps Clouseau continually managed to avoid being blown to bits. While this was happening, Sir Charles Litton accidentally catches one of the blasts and is reverted back to his original appearance, and his wife, no longer attracted to him, elopes with a handsome guy by the name of Scarlioni, leaving Sir Charles to hook up with Clouseau's ex. Eventually Dreyfus uses up his entire reserve of powers trying to kill the inspector, reverts back to his original form, and is dragged away to a criminal asylum, sobbing and ranting about still not being able to kill Clouseau.
Sir Charles divorced Claudine after she went to prison......and he later got back together with Simone. This is an answer to the Plot Hole entry on the main page. Notably, Claudine is never seen again after the events of Return.