WMG: Garfield and Friends
The TV show takes place in an alternate universe from the one seen in the comic, where Orson was born on the same barn as the rest of the characters.
- Proof of this could be seen in the flashback sequences in "Caverns of Cocoa", because the ancestors that found the chocolate mine looked like Roy, Orson, and Wade.
- Although Orson in the comic was born in a different farm from the one he currently lives in now and the other characters(besides Booker and Sheldon) might have lived somewhere else before moving to U.S.Acres, the Alternate Universe is highly likely. In the comic version, they're more like talking animals that grow up just like farm animals in real life while in the TV show, they're more in levels of Petting Zoo People because they grew up and went to school just like humans do. Their ancestors were also found in the two "Barn of Fear" episodes. Also in the TV show version Roy and Wade seemed to knew each other for over fourteen years according to "Once Upon a Time Warp". Although some of the "quickies" in the TV show may not follow through the continuity of the TV show episodes cause the quickies were based more on the comic version.
The episode "A Little Time Off" is really the finalized version of the episode "Much Ado About Orson".
- Both episodes had similar plots (Orson wants to help Lanolin with chores). In "The Mail Animal", we only know that Orson was going to actually help Lanolin with chores by doing them for her, but possibly the creators of the show thought this plot was rather bland and wouldn't work, so they changed Orson doing Lanolin's chores to Orson taking her on an imaginary vacation through time. Plus, the idea for the episode was brought up during the period where episodes would have a song,so another possibly reason they changed it was because they couldn't write a song for it.
- There were some exceptions, such as "Barn Of Fear". And in the actual episode itself, Wade sings "Wild Blue Yonder" for no reason at all.
The episode "The Discount Of Monte Cristo" predicted the reason for the end of the Garfield and Friends
series, which was due to budget cuts.
Jodie gave Roy the stereo in "Wanted: Wade".
Snow Wade died not because she'd "try anything that's free", but because Orson did not want to save her because Orson secretly hates Wade.
- I knew it! Stupid Orson! It explains a whole lot. I always thought Orson secretly hates Wade too but is too polite to say it to his face(Wade's sorrow wasn't pretty in "Quack to the future"). The friendship always felt...one-sided on Wade's part while Orson always gets annoyed/tired with him and yells at him. Orson's not any better in the comic strip version and I always felt that Orson's trying to kill Wade on purpose but Wade's too stupid to notice.
- He was just playing the role of Snow White. She's supposed to die, and Orson had no control over that.
Wade's songs were supposed to be on-key, but became off-key because Howie Morris goofed during the recording session of "What Harm Can It Do?"
Roy was jealous of Wade and Orson's friendship in the earlier episodes.
- According to the episode "Once Upon a Time Warp", Roy and Wade knew each other for fourteen years or so. They may have been close but something must've happened between them before they moved to the farm because we don't see them get as close again until the later seasons. Examples like "National Tapioca Pudding Day" when Roy asked Wade if the present was for him. Wade said it was for Orson which got Roy jealous and in "Fortune Kooky' it was weird that Roy was coming between Wade and Orson's picnic(though Orson tried to invite Bo with them). It was no contest though since the friendship between Wade and Orson felt kinda more one-sided on Wade's part(it looked more like Orson was trying to put up with Wade)and Orson was always getting annoyed or yelling at Wade and their friendship kinda went downhill in the middle/later seasons(He KILLED Wade in the snow Wade two part for pete's sake!). Roy hinted to to felt sorry for Wade about that, in the middle seasons. Luckily Roy and Wade's friendship eventually got back better(they're hints/moments of it in the early seasons, it was building up in the middle seasons and they got closer by the last three seasons).